Author Topic: Parts for my old equipment  (Read 1192 times)

tracym8001

• View Profile
Parts for my old equipment
« on: February 16, 2016, 08:41:21 AM »
Hi everyone
I was hoping for some help/ideas on where to purchase parts for my old "rock's" equipment. I am missing the tension clip on one of the drums but worse yet I think my bearings are starting to go out. We did some looking online without any luck. I will include some pics but don't make fun of my archaic equipment lol thanks in advance

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
☀️🌙

jakesrocks

• New Toy.
    • View Profile
Re: Parts for my old equipment
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 09:24:50 AM »
I have a pile of those old bump wheel drums. As for the bearings, Take your machine apart & clean the outsides of the bearings. You'll find a series of numbers stamped into the bearings. Even if those bearings are no longer produced, any good machine shop can cross reference them & find replacements for you. It will be necessary to have the machine shop press the old bearing out of those aluminum bearing stands, and press new bearings in.

A better solution would be to buy a pair of pillow block bearings of the correct diameter to fit your arbor shaft, and to fit blocks under them to raise them to the correct height. Pillow block bearings will come pre greased and sealed for life. Much better than those old bearings which had to be oiled.
A day spent without learning something new, is a day wasted.

Don