Author Topic: How to make domed intarsia cabochons  (Read 8987 times)

Enchantra

• Administrator
  • Insane Bead Woman
    • View Profile
    • EnchantedRegalia
Re: How to make domed intarsia cabochons
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2013, 09:21:26 AM »
The link isn't working because George himself probably took down the link when he left the forum early last year. 
Since those asking are new to this forum, George was the founder of this forum and then due to family/personal reasons he left this forum and Aaron (NuevoMundo) took over.  If you find any more stickied postings by him (Or anyone else) with broken links, by all means drop one of us on the moderation team a message.
Since the link isn't working I'm going to unsticky this topic.

Michellek1123

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2014, 10:51:00 AM »
Um. Since George is back, is it possible to restart this particular link?

Bdway. Thank you, especially in light of recent circumstances. I love watching the contests, especially.

-Michelle

martha4854

• Sanity is overrated.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2016, 02:10:44 PM »
Is there any way to retrieve this information? Ron had a way of doing this that was simple and unique. We can no longer get this information from Ron. Can anyone fix the link? 

mossyrockhound

• I dig rocks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2016, 09:20:35 PM »
Is there any way to retrieve this information? Ron had a way of doing this that was simple and unique. We can no longer get this information from Ron. Can anyone fix the link? 

Martha,  People have been trying to get Ron's link for years - no luck.  I finally made a PowerPoint presentation which is way too big to send over the internet.  I did convert it to a smaller PDF that I can email out.  PM me if you want it.  It shows how I made this one:

~ Garry ~
All is not in vein, but most of the good stuff is.

55fossil

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2016, 09:29:18 AM »
   Love this piece. Can you give the facts on it? What is the center stone, who made it?????  I dream of pieces like that center stone....  neal

light house jack

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2016, 11:37:19 AM »
I suggest contacting Murray Simon, president of Charlotte Gem and Mineral club. He was close with Ron Gibbs and still is in contact with Ron's widow and perhaps the file of Ron's techniques can be uploaded to this site. Murray's contact info is on the club website.

mossyrockhound

• I dig rocks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2016, 08:12:34 PM »
   Love this piece. Can you give the facts on it? What is the center stone, who made it?????  I dream of pieces like that center stone....  neal

Neal, thanks for your comment.  Yes I like the pastel colors and dendrites in the center stone too.  Unfortunately I can't tell you what the center piece is - I got a slab of it out of a small estate.  It is a dendritic jasper of some sort.  I made the composite cab.  The inner frame is basanite.  The second frame is polka dot.  The outer frame is petrified wood.
~ Garry ~
All is not in vein, but most of the good stuff is.