Author Topic: American Lapidary Wholesale  (Read 2506 times)

Iwannarock

• View Profile
American Lapidary Wholesale
« on: February 05, 2015, 09:38:47 AM »
Forgive me if I posted this in the wrong place, as I wasn't sure exactly where to.
Is American Lapidary Wholesale a viable company? I have sent them two email requests for pricing of Graves items as their pricing online appear to be discounted from Graves List prices. I have purchased a used Mark IV and need a few things it did not come with. Any suggestions other than going direct to Graves?
member of Prairie Rock & Gem Society, Regina, Saskatchewan Canada

T P

• View Profile
Re: American Lapidary Wholesale
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 12:22:21 PM »
Do not Know about Amer Lap Whol, but have gotten graves parts and accsy from

FROM THE GROUND UP
BOB DOTSON
3026 N LOCHSA
MERIDIAN, ID 83646                            208-288-0575

He is listed in the Graves dealers index, and is probably the closest to youu.

Terry

light house jack

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 01:39:51 PM »
I needed a belt and I just called Graves and had it in a couple of days.

danointhenw

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 04:05:32 PM »
I placed an order with them on a Thursday. 15 days later, having never even received an acknowledgement for the order, I sent them an email.  Two days later I sent another email (there is NO phone number on the website which should have been a red flag to begin with).  A day after that, I sent an email cancelling the order since it had not yet been posted to my credit card.  None of those emails were ever answered nor did I get a phone call from them.  The order was then sent out 4 days after my cancellation and the charge to my card had also appeared.  I placed a dispute with my credit card and returned the merchandise.  I did get a credit to my account.
No customer service at all.  I'd go elsewhere.   dunno28
Dano

Iwannarock

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2016, 10:27:58 AM »
thanks that's kinda what I thought
member of Prairie Rock & Gem Society, Regina, Saskatchewan Canada

Talia

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2016, 12:16:56 PM »
I'm currently having the same sort of problem with them. Ordered about ten days ago, got a robo-receipt for the credit card charge, but nothing indicating when my machine would be shipped. Their website states that items are shipped in 1-3 business days, and that inquiries should be made by email because they check it often and will respond quickly. HAH.

I waited five business days, then sent email inquiring about the order, and asking for an eta and a tracking number since I paid for FedEx shipping. No answer, so I sent a second email two days later, and a third email two days after that. No response whatsoever. I sent them a fourth email this morning indicating that if they don't respond within the next 24 hours that I will cancel my order.

If it comes to that, it will cost me about $150 more to buy straight from Graves, but at this point I'm kind of wishing I'd done that to begin with. I certainly would have if I'd been aware of all the issues others have had with them.