Author Topic: Wanted, dead 6 inch Diamond Genie Wheels  (Read 3182 times)

55fossil

• View Profile
Wanted, dead 6 inch Diamond Genie Wheels
« on: April 23, 2016, 05:41:01 AM »
    I am not looking for wheels to refurbish or put diamond on and bring back to life. But I need a few wheels for playing with in my shop. If my little project works out I will post the results... most of my projects come out so-so at best but I need to tinker. So, if anyone has any type of Genie Wheels, hard or soft, I would be interested. I will pay shipping and a small fee for the dead wheels. I think $10 each is fair and 3 wheels would work. thanks,  Neal

Amethyst Rose

• View Profile
    • Amethyst Rose Etsy Site
Re: Wanted, dead 6 inch Diamond Genie Wheels
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 08:57:30 AM »
Do you care what grits or if its metal bond or nova type.  I have several dozen novas and 5-10 metal bonds available if you are interested. 

Bob Johannes
The Amethyst Rose

55fossil

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2016, 10:42:07 AM »
Bob;

Several dozen????  You have been having too much fun. Two hard and two soft Nova wheels would be great. Flat rate USPS shipping and your choice of:
1.    $40 cash or paypal plus shipping  ($55)
or
2.    10 pounds of good cutting jaspers, no junk, no tumble material.  We each pay the shipping.

e-mail with the specifics please;  blueowyheegems@aol.com

thank you,  Neal

Amethyst Rose

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2016, 03:56:26 PM »
Neal,

I don't use hard Novas, only soft ones but have the metal bonds as well.  I run thru 2-3 sets of Novas a year with all the cutting I do.  Fortunately, I haven't had to replace the sintered wheels yet.

I can ship out 4 soft novas, or 2 soft and and 2 galaxy wheels.  As to the jasper, what types and from where.  I am prepping for the Agate Expo in Cedarburg and 1/2 of what I display must be silica so unusual agates and jaspers always works for me. 

Also, any particular grit.  I have 80 and 220 metal bond, 60, 280, 600, and 1200 soft novas.  Let me know what you like and what types of jasper and I get a box loaded up.

Bob Johannes
The Amethyst Rose

55fossil

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2016, 06:52:35 PM »
Bob:

2 soft and 2 galaxy wheels would be great. It would be a mixture of plume agate and Deer Sky Jasper and some stuff from private collecting. If you recall I had some material called Lightning Bolt and I have a little of that left. If you do not like what I send you can keep it and I will still send you the money. I am pretty sure you will be happy with it. Take a peak at dspjgems.com if you are not familiar with my jasper.
    Are you looking for rough to make cabochons to display or??? A lot of the better Deer Sky jasper is small pieces that makes great cabochons. Had ten pages in Jewelry digest a couple years back, July of 2014. Too many different patterns and colors to list. If you want rock just send me your address and it will go out soon. I have an appointment with the VA and hopefully a trip to the mine on Wednesday. Mostly I have a lot of time working at the house.

thanks again,  Neal

Amethyst Rose

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 12:18:04 PM »
I cut cabs for wire wrapping that my wife and daughter do and for other jewelers.  I have a show this weekend which is stones only.  We are dealers at the Agate Expo in Cedarburg this summer  and newer material, like Deer Sky, would be welcome as few other dealers will have any of the material for sale. 

Sent you a PM and will get a few wheels packed up and ready to ship

Bob Johannes
The Amethyst Rose