Author Topic: Alternative water wetter needed / Diamond Pacific Pump Repair  (Read 2905 times)

elegantcabs

well.....the motor on my Pixie seems to be on its last legs however I am havin issues with the built in watter spritzer.........once the motor gets up to speed, the spritzer just doesnt wanna spit.......the leathers have been changed out and Im thinkin that the bore size is just plain worn out....this machine has some hours on it........I have seen some after market wateer wetters out there but cant recall where and how much they were.......anyone have a homemade idea?.....

MrsWTownsend

Re: Alternative water wetter needed
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 08:24:21 PM »
I can show you what my hubby did to fix the problem...  I don't have to mess with leather or anything ever, I just turn it on and it always works.

brb  with pics

MrsWTownsend

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 08:33:48 PM »
This is good for 2 reasons~ first, like I said, all I have to do is turn it on and that's it, no oiling or messing around with getting water out of the lines or anything.  The other reason is because it turns on as a separate unit with is convenient when I don't want water splattering all over the place.

here is the set up, just the machine and an aquarium hose

elegantcabs

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 09:04:59 PM »
is that from a fish store or sumthin?

Rockoteer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 10:52:17 PM »

Yea Gina where did you get that??  Inquiring minds want to know.

TOG
-Gary

Of all the things I've lost..I miss my mind the most.

Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're probably right.

MrsWTownsend

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2011, 06:39:59 AM »
I have to ask hubby~ I'll get back to 'ya.  :)  It works awesome.

I did find this: http://www.medousa.com/en/product/product_spec.asp?ID=37&prd_ln=lpvp

Michael S Hoover - Redrummd

• Art In Stone
    • View Profile
    • Art In Stone
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2011, 07:46:31 AM »
The ususal problem on the Diamond Pacific pumps is the front bearing oil gets contaminated with dust/mud over time and turns into a thick black grease.  The belt then slips and the pump stops turning.   

I tear down the front section every few hours of use and clean the bearing and shaft and put clean oil on the bearing and shaft.  The hardest part is putting the piston shaft back together but it is really easy if you modify the shaft by using a Dremel to make it into a point.  I can tear a pump front end down, clean it, lubricte it and put it back together in about 7 minutes. 

I have contacted Diamond Pacific about modifing the shaft but so far I do not beleive they have made any modification.  I find that all of the major equipment companies are very difficult to deal with when improvements to their designs are presented to them for improving their products.  I cannot figure out why as I am not asking for a single cent or even any sort of recognition.

MrsWTownsend

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2011, 03:52:47 PM »
Hubby says the air compressor he used for my Pixie is something he traded for with someone he knows.  He also said Surplus Center would be the first place he would look to buy something like that.  I checked and that specific item is not there but I figured you might be interested in the site anyway (guy thing~ grunt grunt)

Found it for $60 here http://www.bmius.com/p-7757-medo-usa-inc-vp0625-v1014-d2-0511-linear-piston-vacuum-pump.aspx

Mark

• View Profile
    • Darkstar Jewelry Etsy shop
Re: Alternative water wetter needed / Diamond Pacific Pump Repair
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2011, 05:12:34 PM »
Another problem that can make the spritzers stop spraying, is the belt area getting wet from the spritzer.  when you have the spritzer spraying the most inner wheel of the left hand side, the water gets sprayed on the belt.  I think if the best is loose at all, it then causes a problem and slips and won't pressurize the water line to spray.  I believe Mike pointed this out to me one time.  I got some tin foil and formed a shield that i now cover my belt area with.  This fixed my problem with the spritzer stopping.  You can tell if this is the problem by seeing if the spritzer only stops when it is spraying the inner wheel and the belt area.  Of course, it could also be that the compressor system needs maintenance which is quite simple.

Mark

Steve

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2011, 05:59:51 PM »
 I checked and that specific item is not there but I figured you might be interested in the site anyway (guy thing~ grunt grunt)

Found it for $60 here http://www.bmius.com/p-7757-medo-usa-inc-vp0625-v1014-d2-0511-linear-piston-vacuum-pump.aspx

Ah.........great 'guy thing' hunting........and good 'grunts'..............."grunt.....grunt".......
Steve.............The Silver Fox

My Photo Bucket site:  http://s743.photobucket.com/user/sferenz/library/?sort=3&page=1

vitzitziltecpatl

• View Profile
    • Hummingbird Stones
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2011, 11:02:37 AM »
Ahhhh. Tin foil for a spray shield over the belt! I like that. Much easier to "install" than the thin plastic and duct tape method I used. That's the great thing about sharing ideas here. Someone most always comes up with an improvement. Thanks Mark!

Mark

• View Profile
    • Darkstar Jewelry Etsy shop
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2011, 08:03:02 AM »
Maybe i should patent the foil water shield and sell it to DP. 

Mar+k

vitzitziltecpatl

• View Profile
    • Hummingbird Stones
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2011, 08:10:53 AM »
Yeah, wouldn't it be nice to make a buck off THEM for a change!