Author Topic: Offline for a couple days..  (Read 2057 times)

Taogem

• View Profile
Offline for a couple days..
« on: April 09, 2016, 02:00:25 PM »
Will be offline for a few days... Will get the new winner for March contest up when I return .. :)

hulagrub

• When you cultivate man, you turn up all the clods
    • View Profile
Re: Offline for a couple days..
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 07:00:28 AM »
Take care George!
Dave, a certified Rockaholic

Taogem

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 10:14:04 AM »
Take care George!

Thank you :)

Truth be told..  Been a pretty rough lately.  I have another forum for my new interests in Chinese art/antiques, but it consumes a lot of my extra time. Which I don't mind because it is my hobby and current passion..  But, am starting to loose interest in maintaining this forum ..   Getting old ain't for Sissy's, that's for sure, but it plays it's part for me lately.

About ready to put the forum on auto, and let new registrations be approved at the time of registration..  The emails are a bit much.  To confirm a new registration is not spam motivated.. It takes a few communications back and forth for each approval .. And there are usually three to as many as seven registrations requests daily.

Damn man..  Had so much fun with you and other long time members here.   An awesome hobby !  Creating this forum, building it, and maintaining it was a passion of love.. Although it rubbed some the wrong way, it was a part of me in a way.. That was my motivator to come back.  To just sort of at least keep things up to date..  But I really do want to bow out and cut back on some of my online activities aside from my current hobby..

Any hooo Dave.. You are among several here that I share many wonderful memories with..  yes16  I would like to have met you in person and maybe even hit the hills with you in search of those beautiful little nuggets !

Back

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2016, 12:34:28 PM »
Hi George

I am an old newbe here. I have been cutting stones for almost 40 years and am self taught. I live way out in the sticks and did not have internet until a few years ago. This place has been a huge amount of information for me and I have to thank you. I wish you well in what ever you do.

Bless
Shawn

Taogem

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2016, 10:30:26 PM »
Hi Shawn and thank you very much..

Guys and gals... Just when I thought was ok for me to get back and carry on with online activities, I again have to turn the computer off for next several days... Can not ignore the need to focus on some things at home..

hulagrub

• When you cultivate man, you turn up all the clods
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2016, 12:31:09 PM »
Well George, coming up to the Northwest is on my bucket list, so maybe we'll get to hit the hills sometime! Can never tell!
And you're right, getting old isn't for wimps!
Dave, a certified Rockaholic