Author Topic: Lightweight 6-inch grinder similar to Caberet?  (Read 2037 times)

Talia

• View Profile
Lightweight 6-inch grinder similar to Caberet?
« on: April 11, 2016, 08:20:14 AM »
Hi all, I've been trying to find a lightweight machine similar to the Caberet which is sold by Graves Lapidary. I ordered one several weeks ago but every time I call, they say "it's due to go out tomorrow" and then it never shows up because they don't ship it. I'm about at my wit's end dealing with them, and I'd like to know if there are any options out there for a lightweight grinding machine that takes multiple 6" wheels since I already have all the brand new 6" diamond wheels sitting here on my workbench...

Other than that, if anyone knows just what will light a fire under the Graves Co people, I am all ears.

Hummingbirdstones

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Hummingbird Stones Lapidary Services
Re: Lightweight 6-inch grinder similar to Caberet?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 06:27:23 PM »
Don't know what would light a fire under them, if anything, but I know there was a death in the family, some health issues and a move to a new location.  Lots of folks complaining about their response time and customer service nowadays.

Talia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 08:24:44 AM »
Hmmm. I thought all that was almost a year ago. I figured they'd have it sorted by now. Worst thing is, I call every few days and they assure me each time that it is going to be shipped "today or tomorrow for sure". If they just said "Hey, we're swamped, it's going to be a month before we can put this thing in a box for you" I'd be far less annoyed than with their constant lies about imminent shipping.

Hummingbirdstones

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Hummingbird Stones Lapidary Services
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2016, 08:19:05 PM »
Still ongoing ....  A guy on the GemologyOnline forum was posting about it not long ago.  He waited a YEAR before he finally got his faceting machine -- and he was across the pond.  Someone on that forum posted that they had seen him in Tucson this year and got the low-down.  Doesn't seem to ever end for those folks.

Talia

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2016, 12:23:50 PM »
Well, bugger. I wish I could find a decent alternative.