Author Topic: Ohio Jade Factory  (Read 4966 times)

wyrock

• View Profile
Re: Ohio Jade Factory
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2012, 06:24:28 PM »
If he has been working it for 49 years and does not have a humongous pile of it he probably never will. But with the SG being a little heavier he may be able to separate it with a really fine tuned sluice like is done with gold.
Jim
Making rocks immortal one stone at a time.

Bentiron

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2012, 02:47:36 PM »
Nearly half a century, WOW! The only thing I done longer than that is eat and breathe, well and a couple of other things too but one of them would make a good sized pile for sure. I hope he has a pile of them there rocks bigger than that.

rockdude

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2012, 04:29:01 AM »
He is looking for investors, 'nuff said right there. He mentions the troops. Investment "plans" used to always mention "it's for the children", now it's for the troops. Sorry but if he's working on it that long and I invest, will my great-grand-kids see any profit?

mick B

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2012, 05:23:13 AM »
Jade is one of my pet subjects, I must be blunt, if it was good jadeite it would not still be there, and yes the cabs are garbage and not polished, a pity that the best material on the planet is ruled by a ruthless militia that runs the Burma jade mines, grind it up it may make good road base. of the two jade types, nephrite is the toughest and jadeite the hardest. I was told by a guy that visited  Burma that they do not consider nephrite to be jade, when the rest of the world does, China jade culture goes back thousands of years, nephrite was jade eons before jadeite was found, the gold medals at the Beijing Olympics had white nephrite, a statement in itself. 

Frantic Tumbler

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2015, 07:20:52 AM »
LOL, that was a good laugh. Soooo many whackos out there. Gold, platinum, and bomb-proof too, too funny!

Mark

• View Profile
    • Darkstar Jewelry Etsy shop
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2015, 06:16:30 PM »
I found it a bit unbelievable.  I believe that he could have found jade or jadeite, but all his ideas sound half baked.  I can't imagine in any way shape or form, that he will be creating thousands of jobs.  I also was a bit confused at some of his terminology that went something like full of diamonds for nanotechnology.  This guy must be some super genius to know everything from mining, geology, high tech weapon making, to nanotechnology.  On top of that the economics of putting thousands of people to work and didn't he bad mouth oil usage, which would lead me to believe he is also going to solve the energy crisis while he is at it.  Kind of reminds me of the snake oil salesmen from the old west movies, "this stuff will do anything and cure anything".  Be nice if its true, but......

I actually put more faith in the existence of Bigfoot, than in all the claims this guy makes.  So what was the Bigfoot story about?  I am sure they will eventually spot one in western mass where i live in the mountains that come down from VT/NY and where they have sighted Bigfoot already.  Every time i drive the backroads of western MA, NY, or VT, i always keep an eye out.  So far i have seen mink, fox, coyote, wolf, lynx, and mountain lion.  The last three supposedly don't exist here, but i have seen them and next i hope to see the Big Guy and i don't mean the Hulk.

Mark

Isotelus

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2015, 08:00:14 AM »
I have been by that GRAVEL PIT a few years ago. The typical glacial drift we have here in Ohio, most all are canadian sheild materials ( rocks ) carried down by different glacial periods.

There are tiny amounts of glacial gold that have been found from time to time in Ohio, none of economic importance. Our state Geological Survey backed that up years ago.
Bryan

finegemdesigns

• View Profile
    • finegemdesigns
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2015, 08:37:33 AM »
lol He's comparing his rock to jadeite from Guatemala? Please someone tell me this is a joke. IF that is jadeite it's certainly not jewelry grade. As far as military application don't know but seems far fetched.

Isotelus

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2015, 05:05:26 AM »
I'm LOL also. The Jade looks like really low grade BC material.

I am pretty sure this is the same Gravel Pit that had a sign up some years ago to dig on the the weekends for native Ohio Sapphires. Yeah right. I have too many years in Geology for that old line.
Bryan