Author Topic: Ohio Jade Factory  (Read 4969 times)

ScarlettoSara

• Somewhere over the rainbow... way up high
    • View Profile
Ohio Jade Factory
« on: August 25, 2012, 02:46:41 PM »
I was reading about a current sighting of Big Foot and stumbled upon this....

http://news.yahoo.com/video/ohio-jade-factory-063014150.html

wyrock

• View Profile
Re: Ohio Jade Factory
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 06:18:19 PM »
Dang, I could not get it to load. Jade in Ohio??? Maybe they are making fake jade like the Chinese??? I want to know! I want to know! I want to know!  saved15
Jim
Making rocks immortal one stone at a time.

rocknroll

• Jon
    • View Profile
    • rocknroll gems
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 07:09:09 PM »
i didn't know jadeite was the strongest stuff out there

ScarlettoSara

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 07:27:47 PM »
did you try cutting and pasting in your browser Jim? I guess Jon got it to work and I did too just now.
Its about a mine this guy has been working for years and years.

christopherl1234

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2012, 10:21:32 PM »
Sara,

Thank you for sharing this. This is incredible. I never knew that jade could be used for military purposes. I wonder if they could crush the jade, take out the gold and then reconstruct it with some other polymer and make it serve the same purpose?

wyrock

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2012, 05:54:11 AM »
Stumped or Stomped not sure. The video window with the little circle in the middle comes up but the circle is not turning. It just sits there and sits there and sits there. Did I mention that it just sits there not spinning around. I use yahoo for almost everything so it does not make sense. My watch dog has not shown that it has blocked anything. Now I feel like an outcast and will probably need therapy. Woe is me.  bricks21 May I come to your house to watch it. I promise not to step on the cat.
Jim

ScarlettoSara

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2012, 05:57:00 AM »
LOLOL If I hadnt given up on men you just might turn my head around and around and around Jim...
I cant seem to find my face today so maybe you better just read this instead......
http://ohiojadefactory.com/

wyrock

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2012, 06:47:01 AM »
Oh my god. I am so lucky that you have given up on men because I really really really do not want to be responsible for twisting someones head off even if they do it themselves.                 Sorry for the pause, I had to go get something to drink because my mouth suddenly went dry. It is ghastly (I think that is the correct word) to hear that there are men out there that will make a woman give up on the species. But I have to admit that I have witnessed that type of man and one of them is close and dear to me. No lol there. I do not like it but it is one of those things that I can not change so I do not try. I have been hurt and I have hurt but I will never give up. Maybe. Hell, I don't know. At every twist there is another turn, or something like that.

Ok, I have gone way way off topic here and for a minute forgot that this is a rock forum. I will try to keep my life off of here but I can not make a promise there because sometimes I am not responsible for what my fingers do on the keyboard. I am really surprised that they can spell out something other than what I am thinking. Maybe I should start off every reply with "do not read this unless you want to be bored to tears".

Damn, now I have gone off my own topic so I will shut-up now. My fingers are sealed.
Jim

asianfire

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2012, 07:07:53 AM »
 saved12 chuckle02 teaseme1 crackthewhip

He better find military applications or extraction method's to get the platinum and gold.
The shown examples for cabs look horrible.  lol15
I shut my eyes in order to see ~ Gauguin

When you realize there is nothing lacking - the whole world belongs to you ~ Lao Tzu
--------------------------------------------------
Personal website introduction.      brilliantchallenge.webs.com/

lithicbeads

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2012, 08:17:55 AM »
 Nasty stuff.

ScarlettoSara

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2012, 06:09:01 PM »

Enchantra

• Administrator
  • Insane Bead Woman
    • View Profile
    • EnchantedRegalia
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2012, 06:26:01 PM »
I think this guy needs to learn better polishing techniques and then perhaps he could at least sell the cabs.  Don't know if extracting the gold and platinum is economically feasible, but the cabs would sure be pretty if they had some shine.  Jadeite takes a much better shine than what he's got there.

wyrock

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2012, 07:19:31 PM »

They are never numbered except in children's books. You just hope that you get enough dots connected to make a picture. We can not control our dreams. If we are in control of our dream it is called a vision. I love my dreams (never could remember them until I got into the last third of my life) and I love my visions but sometimes I can not keep control of those either so I have to keep pulling them back. Difficult to do if it is a dark day but with practice it gets easier and easier. But if I have to sing I am dead. ;)
Jim

Bentiron

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2012, 05:13:29 PM »
I was kind of thinking the same thing about the cabs, "A better shine would be nice", and someone already suggested that. I guess if you had several thousand tons of that stuff every day to run through a crusher and then extract with an electro-winnowing process to extract the gold and platinum you could make some money but all that stuff seems to from scattered alluvial deposits with a little bit here and little bit there. I am correct in this assumption or not? dunno28

ScarlettoSara

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2012, 05:14:44 PM »
I thought same thing, that its not just where you can go scoop it all up in a pile, kinda more hunt and peck... Supposedly he has been working this rock for 49 years I think he said?