Author Topic: Smartflix Jewelry Making University of DVD's  (Read 3616 times)

Buck75

• Donnie
    • View Profile
    • Buckles Designs @ Etsy.com
Smartflix Jewelry Making University of DVD's
« on: October 17, 2009, 11:18:45 PM »
11.47 the first month then 22.95 a month then on(you can cancel anytime), and they send you 3 dvds to watch for a month send in all three by the end of the month or keep one as long as you want and send in the ones you've watched and they send you out a replacement from their library of jewelry making videos.  If I could afford it right now I would be subscribed and using handbrake on my mac to copy them.  They have about everything you'd want including some lapidary dvds.  I have rented about 7 or 8 dvds and have been thrilled with them.

http://smartflix.com/store/video/6218/Jewelry-Making-University

http://smartflix.com/

Donnie

hulagrub

• When you cultivate man, you turn up all the clods
    • View Profile
Re: Smartflix Jewelry Making University of DVD's
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 08:45:04 AM »
Thanks Donnie, Looks like something we will try!
Dave, a certified Rockaholic

Bluesssman

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 03:52:39 PM »
I have also rented many many instructional videos from Smartflix. I have been happy with most of them. I was also wondering about their jewelry university sets....

Gary

Bluesssman

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 04:08:15 PM »
I just went to the site to look a little closer at the offer and here is what I do not like. You do not have a choice of what discs they send you. Many of the wire wrapping discs are levels way too low for Rena and I am certainly not interested in bead weaving. I sent them an e-mail requesting if this could be changed.

Gary

akansan

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 06:36:37 PM »
I did the same, Gary!  Some of the DVDs just aren't interesting to me at all.  Some of them I've already viewed.  I realize they're probably trying to balance access out a bit, but it would be much better if you could say which of their DVDs you were actually interested in.  Nice concept, though!

thewrightthings

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2009, 07:33:34 PM »
Checked it out and had the same reaction.  Wonder if they are flexible  on that point.  May try to contact them to find out.......tomorrow.
               Paula

thewrightthings

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2009, 07:41:04 PM »
Actually, couldn't wait, so sent them a message tonight.  Also, "mentioned" that a number of follks are interested, but not if we have to receive DVD's that are of no interest.
Will see what happens.  Doesn't hurt to try.
                     Paula

Buck75

• Donnie
    • View Profile
    • Buckles Designs @ Etsy.com
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2009, 08:19:52 PM »
It says in their questions and answers that after signing up you can email them and list DVD's you don't want to receive.  I don't know if you can add DVD's to the list from their catalog to the jewelry university set.  It would be cool if you could get a check list or something to be able to click and choose your own DVD's to get each month while you're subscribed to it.  I get why they cant send you DVD's in a particular order, it depends on what DVD's they have in stock from the university course at the time for your next DVD's to come to you.

For those that sign up if they have a place to say who recommended you please check me in there my user name there is dbuckles@gmail.com  it would be cool to be able to get a discount or something to sign up if I just brought them a few new customers.

thewrightthings

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2009, 08:38:26 PM »
Missed the part in the Q&A about not getting those you don't want.  We'll see what they have to say about getting others.
No problem using you as a referal, or referer, or whatever.
        Paula

chrisrayburn

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2015, 09:35:26 AM »
smartflix.com Be very careful with these people i have had some bad experiences with them been waiting on a dvd for a year.
they would not answer emails so i lost my money . was a good outfit for a while but went down hill i would not rent from them now.