Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: anyone doing this as a full time business??  (Read 934 times)

Noisycricket

anyone doing this as a full time business??
« on: May 21, 2019, 10:37:58 AM »

Ok, so I was into this quite a bit in my younger days.  I'm looking at investing time and money to possibly get back in.  Not just for fun, but to make a profitable business out of it.  I'm in chicago, so native raw material in rather non-existent, and I would have to do a lot of shipping.  I have no delusions of being a jewelry designer.  I'm looking to tumble, cut, polish material.  I've loved this stuff since 7 years old, but I'd like to make money at this point.

Is anyone out there doing this full time?  AKA, no other sources of income.
If so I would appreciate a conversation.

lithicbeads

• Administrator
Re: anyone doing this as a full time business??
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 11:08:48 AM »

Before the invasion of adulterated Chinese made stones hit 30 years ago I knew half a dozen  who made their living cutting  now just a few and they have other stone related things , mines equipment sales etc. , To provide much of their income.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 29 queries.