Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thank you for the add!  (Read 850 times)

Lobomente

Thank you for the add!
« on: December 22, 2017, 07:57:24 AM »

I have been walking around, picking up treasures, digging for said treasures and toting them home for almost 65 years! I've collected agates, anything dendritic, looking for pictures in rocks and marveling at nature's bounty.
I learned lapidary in the 7th grade and cut cabs for about 7 years, until I didn't have access to equipment while in the Air Force.  Marriage, children, mortgages, car payments and taxes put lapidary purchases into the same file as the Harley!
Last year I rooted thru and weighed up my cache and found I had 1200 lbs of sweet rough! Gravepoint  plume agate, pet wood from all over the USA, Lake Superior agates, Montana agates and lots of other treasures from my treasure chest called Idaho! I bought a 10 inch trim/small slab saw and made my own flat lap station! I spent all summer cutting slabs and cabs!
Thank you for the add and will be perusing past post like a rockhound on an agate beach!

Enchantra

• Head Bead Nut
  • Administrator
  • Insane Bead Woman
    • Enchanted Regalia
Re: Thank you for the add!
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2017, 08:21:08 AM »

Welcome from sunny and snowless Central AZ!   :icon_sunny:

hummingbirdstones

• Opalholic and General Rock Nut
  • Administrator
    • Hummingbird Stones Lapidary Services
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 08:23:18 AM »

Welcome to the forum, from Northern Arizona!   :hello:

Glad you are finally able to enjoy your addiction.  Post some photos of your treasures.  We love pictures! 
Robin

Stonemon

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2017, 01:34:15 PM »

Welcome to you from West-central Oregon. Nice you get to re-engage your rock pile after all those years.  Same thing occurred for a few years back.

Bill
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 34 queries.