Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Link for Metal Clay and Rolling Mill texture Sheets  (Read 2716 times)

Enchantra

• Head Bead Nut
  • Administrator
  • Insane Bead Woman
    • Enchanted Regalia
Link for Metal Clay and Rolling Mill texture Sheets
« on: July 07, 2015, 12:53:49 PM »

It was a random purely coincidental discovery...

https://www.etsy.com/shop/rollingmillresource

They sell texture sheets for the rolling mill and metal clay along with templates.
They even has instructions for using the sheets with metal clay!

:toothy10:

Bentiron

Re: Link for Metal Clay and Rolling Mill texture Sheets
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 03:56:37 PM »

These guys have some wonderful stuff and have been a great addition to the metal working community. They have been around for awhile. :notworthy:

Helene Fielder

• Administrator
    • Helene Fielder Sculptures
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 06:44:34 AM »

They have pre-made textures for potters too.  Some are so sweet I get tempted to purchase them, but refrain.  I believe it is difficult to create  a personal style when you buy these mass produced products.  I feel the same way with gallery bezels available as soon as you use them it boxes your work to look a certain way.

I can be a visual snob at times. 
Helene

Enchantra

• Head Bead Nut
  • Administrator
  • Insane Bead Woman
    • Enchanted Regalia
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2015, 01:06:41 PM »

I agree Helene.  Though I have found that having some mass produced textures helps in certain circumstances.
That said I've also been creating a lot of textures of my own using the styrofoam left over from buying meat at the store.  I run it through the dishwasher to be sure it is clean and then using a variety of tools I make a texture plate.  It's then usable for both polymer clay and metal clay and I just clean it using mild soap and water between uses.

Bentiron

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2015, 12:03:03 AM »

http://www.mkmpotterytools.com/ These guys  have some wonderful stamps that would look good for metal clay but like Helene says sometimes the use of these off the shelf patters is what separates the gifted artist from the also ran. That is one of the things that I find so great about the really old Indian silver work was they made their own stamps by hand and not with laser cut precision as they are now made by the dozen for every Tom, Dick and Harrietta. Mass produced tooling kinda takes the art out of handcrafted art work.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 35 queries.