Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recommended Rock/Mineral Shops in San Diego County?  (Read 774 times)

MicheleRF

Recommended Rock/Mineral Shops in San Diego County?
« on: January 19, 2019, 02:25:20 PM »

Hello from snowy Pennsylvania!! I'm traveling to visit my daughter and family in San Diego and would love to visit a few Rock/Mineral Shops while there. Mainly looking for slabs or cabs. This is something my grandson and I love to do together. When in the Ramona area a few months ago we drove by a shop but unfortunately it was closed at the time and I can't recall the name. Any input appreciated!
Thanks in advance!
Michele

VegasJames

Re: Recommended Rock/Mineral Shops in San Diego County?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 06:22:16 PM »

Only shop I have been to down there is Moe's Bosun Locker  https://www.yelp.com/biz/moes-bosun-locker-coronado in Coronado. Moe use to help with with learning how to identify meteorites. He passed away and his daughter took over the shop. Have not been down to San Diego in a long time. They did not carry cabs or slabs that I recall but some realy cool stuff like fossils, mineral specimens, meteorites, etc. May carry other stuff now. Again I have not been down there in quite a while.

MicheleRF

Re: Recommended Rock/Mineral Shops in San Diego County?
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 07:09:21 PM »

Thanks much! We haven't been in that area. Maybe we'll check it out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 31 queries.