Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Star Diamond Cab Machine, Model CD-6  (Read 1030 times)

Michael

Star Diamond Cab Machine, Model CD-6
« on: February 14, 2018, 05:35:03 PM »

Ok, I could not resist.  This unit was selling at a great price by someone who inherited it, and did not have any lap experience.  It came with two wheels, which look like they were made out of concrete and and a diamond layer on the surface, and of course an expan. drum.  I really like Star Diamond stuff, because my 10" trim/slab saw works like a 55 Chevrolet.  I know a lot of you have Star Diamond ( Now Barranca) equipment.  The unit came with 6" wheels x 1"(width).  My wheels are 1.5" wheels.  I do not see an issue, other than maybe trimming the spacers maybe,but the shaft  seems to have ample room to accommodate an additional inch.  This is an old unit, and the bearings may be a bit ragged, but I just love good equipment, vs. the standard trade stuff out there now, at very expensive prices.  I got this unit at less than $150.00  Off Craig's List.

I wanted to get a download of the owner's manual, but there is a lot of scam stuff, even with that.  Maybe Barranca has some stuff in their archives?  They always seemed to be a straight up outfit, although, once again, very pricey. 

Anyone using this cabbing machine presently, and any and all advice would be sincerely appreciated. 

Thanks.

catmandewe

• Global Moderator
    • Idaho Rock Shop
Re: Star Diamond Cab Machine, Model CD-6
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 02:42:41 PM »

I had one last month that I refurbished, didnt really get too many pictures of it though.
They are good units, you will like it.

Tony
www.IdahoRockShop.com

Authorized Diamond Pacific Dealer
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 29 queries.