Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to wheatguy and his Pietersite Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A hobby with a lighter touch  (Read 290 times)

Cabbin Fever

• [My first cab!]
A hobby with a lighter touch
« on: April 22, 2017, 06:55:04 PM »

My other relaxing hobby is much quieter than cabbing...watercolor painting. I have been painting for 10 or more years now and my new home in Florida is one big gallery for me! Here are some examples and a collage of some older paintings.

My first cab is from a piece of jasper I found on the beach in Newport, OR my first Mother's Day, 1983. I made it into a bracelet for my daughter Christmas 2017.

lithicbeads

• Administrator
Re: A hobby with a lighter touch
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 08:49:09 PM »

I look at a lot of art and the failure of most water color artists is that they have no unique style.I think your style is very distinctive , a huge accomplishment and I like them also. Way to go!

Cabbin Fever

• [My first cab!]
Re: A hobby with a lighter touch
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 05:13:34 AM »

I look at a lot of art and the failure of most water color artists is that they have no unique style.I think your style is very distinctive , a huge accomplishment and I like them also. Way to go!
Thank you so much for your compliment! I am mostly self-taught (plus good ole youtube tutorials!) so that means alot to me to hear that. :)
My first cab is from a piece of jasper I found on the beach in Newport, OR my first Mother's Day, 1983. I made it into a bracelet for my daughter Christmas 2017.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 24 queries.