Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: where can i find.....??????  (Read 2390 times)

northcanadian

where can i find.....??????
« on: March 21, 2017, 08:20:20 AM »

Not sure if I have posted this in the right spot(?)  I am slicing 15/8" diameter drill core and would like to make pendants without drilling holes.  Is there any place I could get round blank pendant trays this size (maybe 42mm?) that I could epoxy these into?  I would like to gold leaf some images on them and finish with an epoxy clear.  I googled around and can't seem to find that size.

Appreciate any suggestions...thanks

Roger

Jhon P

Re: where can i find.....??????
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 10:19:17 AM »

Cut a groove around the stone and do a single wire wrap. I use a glass grinder with a jewelry grooving bity

peruano

• Retired Zoologist
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 02:37:05 PM »

42 mm would be huge for a prefabricated bezel cup (unless you find one made for a belt buckle).  If wire wrap is not an option, then you might consider a glue-on bail (search Rio Grande Lapidary for Glue on Bails).  I use the for pendants some of which are nearly as large as your drill cores (with E6000 glue). 
Combining a love of bikes (pedal and otherwise) with hiking, hounding, lapidary, and the great outdoors

northcanadian

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 05:02:40 AM »

Thank you for your great input....I'll try the wire/groove idea.  Also I guess I could cut them to a smaller diameter size to fit premade cup sizes, but was hoping to use the size of the core diameter...if it was possible

Much appreciated!

Cheers

Roger

Jhon P

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 06:25:37 AM »

You can make a fence (guide) for a trim saw and that can give you a wider groove
So you can you use a thicker wire.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 35 queries.