Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unique Quartz Cluster - Any Info?  (Read 835 times)

OurEarthlyDesigns

Unique Quartz Cluster - Any Info?
« on: December 30, 2017, 09:04:38 PM »

Can someone help with identification and more information? I recently purchased this beautiful crystal. The person I purchased from wasn't extremely helpful in telling us much about it, and I can't find really anything online that looks similar. The person said that it was from Mongolia, and he said the closest name for it would be an elestial green quartz cluster. He had a bunch of individual ones, but this was the biggest cluster. I don't know, there has to be more information about these and where they are from.
Thanks.
Michael
Our Earthly Designs
Santa Rosa Ca

ileney

Re: Unique Quartz Cluster - Any Info?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 07:22:08 AM »

That is lovely! Are you sure this wasn’t lab created? I have been seeing quite a bit of nice material lately that I can’t identify and am wondering how much of it is really earth mined.

OurEarthlyDesigns

Re: Unique Quartz Cluster - Any Info?
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 03:27:54 PM »

Actually someone on a Facebook rock and stone identification group id'd it for me. It's called Cumberland habit quartz with actinolite or hendenbergite inclusion from Huanggang mine, Inner Mongolia, China. Some dealers call this beta-quartz or high-quartz, but it's cumberland habit. Thanks for the compliment.
Michael
Our Earthly Designs
Santa Rosa Ca
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 28 queries.