Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Instruction manual out there?  (Read 2637 times)

Pearl

Instruction manual out there?
« on: June 05, 2022, 06:34:46 PM »

I have a beacon star trim saw that I bought for pennies about 11 years ago.  It sat in my garage since then.  I haven't turned it on, but it was working when I got it. I have no instructions on it's usage.  Does anyone here have one or know where I can get the instructions?  It's either a 5" or a 6"  the blade sits 1  3/4" above the table of the saw.  I don't know how to open it up to see what it really is.  Is it a good one?  I can always get a new one that would be old lady friendly.  I'd post the picture of it, but I can't figure out how to resize the size of the file.  It use to be easy, now you can't find where to do that.  Last time I used photo shop was in 2004

peruano

• Retired Zoologist
Re: Instruction manual out there?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2022, 04:30:08 AM »

You really don't need an instruction manual.  There will be screws (fasteners) that hold the top on the saw.  Add water to just barely contact the bottom of the blade, replace top and stand aside until you know how much water it will throw.  If necessary add water through slot around the blade until the running saw throws a short line of water onto the saw table in front of the blade, but not beyond the edge of the table.  Saw away.  You almost certainly have a 6" blade size. 
Combining a love of bikes (pedal and otherwise) with hiking, hounding, lapidary, and the great outdoors

Pearl

Re: Instruction manual out there?
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2022, 06:37:22 AM »

You really don't need an instruction manual.  There will be screws (fasteners) that hold the top on the saw.  Add water to just barely contact the bottom of the blade, replace top and stand aside until you know how much water it will throw.  If necessary add water through slot around the blade until the running saw throws a short line of water onto the saw table in front of the blade, but not beyond the edge of the table.  Saw away.  You almost certainly have a 6" blade size.

Thank You. Now to find a screw driver where ever my IT working hubby dropped one last.  I know what I will be doing today.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 31 queries.