Beads!!!!! > Bead Embroidery and Bead Weaving

Warrior Woman Makeover

(1/4) > >>

Enchantra:
Several years ago I made a piece I called "Warrior Woman," which is in the pictures below.  I am going to be remaking her into a "Warrior Goddess" for the Gemstones and Glass bead Competition that Fire Mountain Gems is holding this year.  I will be posting updated photos here and there as I go to show my progress from the initial four year old piece below to the final submission piece.

Kaljaia:
That will be a fun sequence to watch. It is a beautiful center piece and color palette. I love the contrast between the beads, carving and smooth white (bone? tusks?)

Enchantra:
The "tusks" are dentalium shell.

Here is a day's work using a combination of metal beads, gemstones beads and various glass beads.  The bottom has been intentionally left unbeaded.  There's a reason for that, which will be revealed later.  The picture is a bit dark, but as it is 10:40 at night, I don't have good natural light to use.

Gemstones used so far in this piece:  Dragon's Blood Jasper, Aventurine, Russian Serpentine.

Enchantra:
Apparently I take sucky photos late at night when I'm posting updates.  Cannot really help that. 

So Warrior Woman is slowly becoming Warrior Goddess.

Main Focal is DONE.

albertto:
Wow! Great!. How many time for the piece?
Metal is copper?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version