Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mine Hunters  (Read 2037 times)

hummingbirdstones

• Opalholic and General Rock Nut
  • Administrator
    • Hummingbird Stones Lapidary Services
Mine Hunters
« on: March 08, 2016, 06:39:56 PM »

If anyone is interested, on the National Geographic channel the Mine Hunters show is on black opal.  It's on at 8:00 p.m. Standard Mountain Time.
Robin

Neural

• Opal Addict
Re: Mine Hunters
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 07:40:35 PM »

Interesting.  I won't be able to watch it on TV.  No cable.  But maybe in the future it'll be rentable on one of the services available through internet.  Thank you for posting about i! :D
OpalOpalOpalOpalOpalOpalOpalOpalOpalOpalOpal

hummingbirdstones

• Opalholic and General Rock Nut
  • Administrator
    • Hummingbird Stones Lapidary Services
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 06:05:14 AM »

It looks like they have full episodes on their website.  http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/mine-hunters/videos/opal-in-the-hole/
Robin

Neural

• Opal Addict
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2016, 08:03:08 AM »

Awesome.  Thank you :)
OpalOpalOpalOpalOpalOpalOpalOpalOpalOpalOpal

ASO

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2017, 04:25:17 PM »

That episode of mine hunters was a bit to scripted.  I have met some of the Australians in the show and herd a bit of the back story.  When I was watching that episode I was a little pissed off that they kept switching the stones at the end from the aggie to the cutting room and then switched from a blue green semi black opal to a red boulder opal in the unveil at the end of the show discrediting the appraiser in my opinion.  I thought about writing in to the producers and letting them know that anyone with 1 good eye could catch the switch.  I do think that the show did promote the opal industry well and in the long run should help us all.  If they ever make a real show about opal mining it would be very cool and provide me with an Australia fix between trips.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 32 queries.