Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Deer Sky Rough for sale $1 a pound 2 to 4 inch pieces No junk  (Read 5056 times)

55fossil

Deer Sky Rough for sale $1 a pound 2 to 4 inch pieces No junk
« on: November 19, 2016, 06:28:52 PM »

I am clearing out the rock bins and have way too much rough in the 2 to 4 inch size, maybe a bit larger. I listed a bunch on e-bay but here is a better deal. For a buck a pound I will stuff a well padded medium or large  flat rate box. All of it is good clean jasper and some will be top colors and patterns. Everyone has different tastes and there are far too many colors and patterns to list. You can google " deer sky jasper" and see a lot of the different types on web sites. No junk, no chalky crap. Every piece is big enough to cut cabochons. There will not be any tiny pieces or pieces cracked from edge to edge. I can load a medium or large flat rate box to the gills. This is about 22 pounds for the medium and 32 pounds for the large. Shipping is about $14 / $18 per box. Let me know what you want and I will work on it.
    If you want tumble material I can work up a box of pieces in the 1 inch size, same deal.
    Most pieces of Deer Sky jasper are small. The mountain has uplifted and broken the jasper veins several times. I cull out the pieces with fractures, at least almost all of them. Anythin 5 inches or over are considered large so the price goes up. But you do not need 5 inch material to cut a 40 x 30 mm cabochon. Not every piece is pattern or wild colors edge to edge. Every piece will be good to great jasper that will take a great polish and no dead gray pieces.

100 percent money back guarantee... If you do not like it you do not pay for it. 14 days no questions asked.  Since it costs as much to ship this stuff as it does to buy it I will promise to make sure you are happy. Some pieces will have great colors and patterns. All pieces will be good jasper that will take a polish and make cabochons. This is the same material I use for my cabs and tumbling. Some pieces may even be end cuts that still have great color.

Send me a pm if you have any questions.  Neal

Phishisgroovin

• Administrator
  • I am here by addiction
Re: Deer Sky Rough for sale 2 to 4 inch pieces
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 08:42:04 AM »

if i wasnt so broke i would buy some, mine falls apart at the color change (rust color).
Mine looks nearly identical to this, may not be. i dont know.
all my pieces were in a lot i purchased from a yard sale. old guy passed away and his son sold the whole lot to me for $40.
alot of leaverite in it (to me)

vitzitziltecpatl

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2016, 07:53:51 AM »

Got our box on Friday. Looked it over on Saturday, and we're both happy campers. Couple of pieces had sawed faces, and those surfaces looked like they'll take a very consistent polish. Looking forward to having time to cut some soon.

Everything in our box looks healthy, and the variety of colors and patterns is very interesting. We had considered buying some rough from the website a while back, but hesitated because we hadn't seen any in person. Now that we've seen it in person I believe it's well worth the website price. Some of the colors and patterns we've seen on there would cut some high-value cabs.

Working on things around the house right now, but will post results after we cut some of this rough.

Stonemon

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2016, 08:52:31 AM »

I got my box on Friday as well, threw some in the saw yesterday. I am very happy. the first slab will give up enough value to pay for the box and the postage. I have had no problem with this material in the past. It has always given me a return and I am loving the new batch!
Thanks Neal for the consistent value and quality of your Deer Sky!
I will put up some pictures later.
Bill

Bill

Gergis

• Global Moderator
  • "I MILK MY ROCKS"
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2016, 09:19:17 AM »

That stuff looks darn nice and for the price that's a steal!

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Stonemon

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2016, 04:48:33 PM »

Here are the first pieces off the latest shipment....
I am going to have some fun with this!
Bill

Bill

55fossil

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2016, 07:05:42 AM »

Bill;

Nice job orienting the stone for slabs. Just want everyone considering buying this material to know this is one of the good pieces. I try and pack every box with more than enough high grade to make some money or great cabs from. The rest of the box has all good cutting agate, no pieces of cracked up junk or rhyolite. Better deal than 2 buck chuck in my book, well at least close.

thanks Bill,  Neal

vitzitziltecpatl

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2016, 05:31:01 PM »

Yeah, we got a couple of pieces with just the blue and pastel layers like the top part of Stonemon's slabs and just that part looks good. As a matter of fact, the layers with those colors are one of the areas I want to cab first. It's a given that the classic picture jasper cabs will sell, but I'm itchin' to test the layered pieces.

Have sold cabs of Larsonite in the past with just straight line layers. They sold quick. If the layers are well-defined it's a nice look in a pendant.

likesrocks

Re: Deer Sky Rough for sale $1 a pound 2 to 4 inch pieces No junk
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2016, 12:29:29 PM »

I just got my box on Friday! I have slabbed up a few pieces and wow! You never know what its going to look like until it drops of the mother chunk! Very nice stuff Neal!!! thank you!!! Girlfriend has already "claimed" a chunk that she seems to have discovered has the pretty blue in it!

55fossil

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2016, 04:54:52 PM »

Thank you all for the kind words. Like many jaspers Deer Sky has good and bad traits. Some pieces are only really nice on the edges for one or two slices.....   and others may have only one or two beautiful pieces dead in the middle or just one end. Just like a Tootsie Roll, there is only one way / two ways to find out.  Fortunately many pieces are good edge to edge.
   I am working up some larger pieces right now that I will keep the price low on, Probably $2.50 a pound. Same good quality but larger. Everything will be over 4 inches and some may go 6 x 6 inches or 8 x4 inches. I am keeping the price low as I am not photographing every box of rocks and spending hours talking about what a great box of rocks you are getting. I will just guarantee if you do not like them I will fix it or refund your money. And no junk, pieces that are half matrix or edge to edge just BLAH color..... Some pieces will be better than others but I have sold over 50 boxes without a complaint and a number of compliments and repeat buyers.

thanks again everyone.

Gemscholar

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2017, 08:44:15 PM »

Also, received a 15 pound box, and can't say enough good things about this!!  Thanks Neal!  I will be ordering again.  Amazing variations of color and the sizes were just right.  So excited to start slabbing, although I find myself studying these more and more, which way to cut?  thats the real fun of this Jasper. I dont think it matters, really. So many interesting patterns this way or that.   

What a deal.  Love it.   thanks again.   

kevin

Orrum

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2017, 05:20:20 AM »

Neal I have heat trested Wild Horse pic jasper and it knapps beautifully. Has anyone tried heat treating Deer Sky?   Biggs and Deshutes knapps raw very well. I have bought the solid blue pic jasper in the past because it's s hard sell. I bought and traded with you a few years ago and got fantastic rock. Do you have anything at a discount I could use for knapping in Deer Sky. For those that do not knapp the process of chipping with percussion on jasper has s lot of failures due to the blade snapping so the waste for me is high.

55fossil

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2017, 06:55:27 AM »

Orrum;

Always like dealing with you. But a $1 or so a pound is a discount. Flushing out the rock yard. This should heat treat the same as most of the other Owyhee Jaspers that are from volcanic ash deposits. Lots of iron so they may get some rich colors above 400 degrees. They will shatter if you heat them wrong. Send me a PM if you have a deal in mind on some blue or solid colors.   thanks,  neal

Back

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2017, 01:10:20 PM »

Hi Neal

So you are cleaning out your rock bins. I have just started getting back after a very long time away the last couple of years. I am very limited in material. I am open to all kinds of "good stuff". I have maybe 10 lbs of material that I think is worthy to cut. With that said I am looking for to expand the types of "good" material that I have and I think that any mix from you would probally double my choices of what I want to cut. I dont have a medium size saw at this time so the smaller sizes I can work with my trim saw.

Thanks in advance.

Bless
Shawn

Alyssa

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2017, 03:09:39 PM »

Ohhhh that is some pretty stuff! <3 Might have to try to grab some of that up to play with! LOL!
~Alyssa
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 55 queries.