Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to gemfeller and his Brenda Red Top cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Finishing old project  (Read 212 times)

olgguy

Finishing old project
« on: March 04, 2017, 02:24:06 PM »

Decided to take a break from Cabochons and finish up a project I started. I posted a picture of my Faceting machine in " Experienced Lapidary Wanting To Facet" 0n 9/13/16. I cut a nice Aquamarine 15.7 x11.54 x 9.18 mm with 73 facets and 7.55cts. The design is #5.042 by Robert Long. I found a 14ky Pear setting by Stuller.com, 16 x 12 large enough for my stone. It also has an additional setting for a 15Pt. stone and I used a White Sapphire to complete the pendant.

Jhon P

Re: Finishing old project
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 03:35:19 PM »

Cool. There has been times I almost bought a machine. But I don't have time to do the things I want to do now.

olgguy

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 03:59:29 PM »

I understand what you are saying. Try Cabochons, Faceting, Carving and Jewelry and figure out a time schedule.  :LOLOL:

Trails

• Ever wandering
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2017, 04:17:06 PM »

Very nice! I always love the pear/teardrop shapes. I haven't tried faceting one yet though, been stuck on the hexabrite styles as practice, it's only been a year of messing with my faceting machine. Been busy with silverwork and cabs myself.. few new hands in the workshoppe and it's easier doing those with the people distractions. I did just recently pick up a good size chunk of ametrine, a few pebbles of moldavite and some libyan sand glass in plans of making a few neat pieces.. just where's the time?!?
Tay

olgguy

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2017, 04:33:06 PM »

I have been doing this for a long time and still don't have it down. Every stone I facet takes a long time and a reeducation period. So, unless the rough is exceptional, you can buy smaller stones cheaper than you can cut yourself, usually less than the rough itself.

hummingbirdstones

• Opalholic and General Rock Nut
  • Administrator
    • Hummingbird Stones Lapidary Services
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2017, 06:15:25 PM »

Beautiful pendant olgguy!  Nice job on the aqua, too!   :headbang:
Robin

Kosbare Jewelers

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2017, 06:20:14 PM »

What a fantastic piece! I am a big fan of the Aquamarine. I love the gold with it

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.196 seconds with 31 queries.