Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: hello my name's ty and I'm a rockahollic.  (Read 1301 times)

ducalion

hello my name's ty and I'm a rockahollic.
« on: February 22, 2018, 01:43:59 AM »

So I suppose I ought introduce myself, and explain my name(rockhounds should know the name!). I'm Ty I've always loved to dig and look for rocks, lol when I was younger than I can remember I used to dig until my hands bled, and now that I read that I imagine most people might think thats kinda crazy. Ive lived in either Western Az, or owyhee county ID the majority of my life but have lived in: camas wa, lipan tx, Prescott (press-scott!) Valley Parker and lake Havasu Az, ouahu and the big island hi, and I still visit most of these places so if you live nearby let me know so next time I go we could go hounding. I tend to ramble on sometimes when writing/posting, you will have to excuse me my thoughts run much faster than I can physically type, I will try and limit the content of my posts. I love all things rock and mineral related . Well all but one that is rather absurd in my mind, that is the so called (metaphysical) properties of rocks & minerals, first the name would suggest that these stones(which are physical objects) hold properties that transcend the physical, if you want to try and understand metaphysics get a copy of Immanuel Kants critique of pure reason. Next, it scares me that soon this miracle healing will soon take someone's life; I personally have been told to hold daily stibnite and sulfur Crystals in my pocket, it's disturbing that I read that cinnabar, metatorbernite, and Galena can heal me! Or in some way me being around them is beneficial to my soul, this profiteering of the hopes of those looking for help, this avaricious behavior, will one day lead to more scrutiny on rockhounds and more regulations if you truly want to heal people enter the medical field please! Ok I'm going to rap this up by apologizing that I said I would have some of my morrisonite for sale, lol i have no saw! Yet I'm going back up to marsing next month so eventually I will sell some, if you are looking for rough (my claim) owyhee gold picture Jasper, old stock regency rose, petrified wood, or my new find this winter I'm calling blurple agate, I'm going to have a free give away (just pay priority rate shp) next week to the 1st 3rd 5th 6th and 9th people to post, If everyones happy I'll do it every so often so the people who post for the sake of others will be rewarded next time.  :hello:

Sapphireminer

Re: hello my name's ty and I'm a rockahollic.
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 02:57:55 AM »

Hi Ty welcome from one of the places you haven't  lived Australia. Sounds like you have had a pretty exciting  life would love to see some photos of your rocks .
Dave

Jhon P

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 07:02:20 AM »

Welcome from Nevada

yukonjade

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2018, 09:10:06 AM »

Glad to have you Ty! looking forward to some photos.

Bend---Oregon :headbang:

vitzitziltecpatl

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2018, 05:37:58 PM »

Welcome (back?) to the forum. Your username seems familiar.

We're in Chino Valley (near Preskit), AZ. Actually, it's just mostly the old Arizona cowboys that said "Preskit". My theory on that is that they always had a "dip" in between the cheek and gum, so that's just how the name came out. Having lived here for over 30 years now, though, it's easy to tell when someone is from elsewhere. They say "Pres-scott" - just like I did when I first moved here. Most people who live here pronounce it more like "Press-cut".

The accepted convention on place names is that they're pronounced the way the natives say them. Having grown up in the Appalachian (apple-latch-in) Mountains this has been the source of many lively debates.

bevsmith1960

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2018, 06:47:48 AM »

So I suppose I ought introduce myself, and explain my name(rockhounds should know the name!). I'm Ty I've always loved to dig and look for rocks, lol when I was younger than I can remember I used to dig until my hands bled, and now that I read that I imagine most people might think thats kinda crazy. Ive lived in either Western Az, or owyhee county ID the majority of my life but have lived in: camas wa, lipan tx, Prescott (press-scott!) Valley Parker and lake Havasu Az, ouahu and the big island hi, and I still visit most of these places so if you live nearby let me know so next time I go we could go hounding. I tend to ramble on sometimes when writing/posting, you will have to excuse me my thoughts run much faster than I can physically type, I will try and limit the content of my posts. I love all things rock and mineral related . Well all but one that is rather absurd in my mind, that is the so called (metaphysical) properties of rocks & minerals, first the name would suggest that these stones(which are physical objects) hold properties that transcend the physical, if you want to try and understand metaphysics get a copy of Immanuel Kants critique of pure reason. Next, it scares me that soon this miracle healing will soon take someone's life; I personally have been told to hold daily stibnite and sulfur Crystals in my pocket, it's disturbing that I read that cinnabar, metatorbernite, and Galena can heal me! Or in some way me being around them is beneficial to my soul, this profiteering of the hopes of those looking for help, this avaricious behavior, will one day lead to more scrutiny on rockhounds and more regulations if you truly want to heal people enter the medical field please! Ok I'm going to rap this up by apologizing that I said I would have some of my morrisonite for sale, lol i have no saw! Yet I'm going back up to marsing next month so eventually I will sell some, if you are looking for rough (my claim) owyhee gold picture Jasper, old stock regency rose, petrified wood, or my new find this winter I'm calling blurple agate, I'm going to have a free give away (just pay priority rate shp) next week to the 1st 3rd 5th 6th and 9th people to post, If everyones happy I'll do it every so often so the people who post for the sake of others will be rewarded next time.  :hello:
Hello from Michigan!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

olgguy

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2018, 04:56:00 PM »

Welcome from Northern Illinois, we don't get those rocks around here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 35 queries.