Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unknown Faceting Machine  (Read 750 times)

Kingyz

Unknown Faceting Machine
« on: January 16, 2021, 09:03:21 PM »

Afternoon all from sunny Australia.

I was recently given this faceting machine to learn and hone my skills on (sapphires mainly). Unfortunately I am unable to work out the brand and I have had no luck identifying it on an Australian forum. Can anyone here point me in the right direction as to a possible brand, in case I need parts.

Ive attached a couple of photos of the machine.

Also the master lap is stuck and I need to remove it to clean the bowl underneath, can anyone suggest a way to do this.

Cheers
Ben

irockhound

• RockhoundingUSA
Re: Unknown Faceting Machine
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2021, 12:43:15 AM »

It doesn't look like the later Maja Faceting machines but?  Anyone else got a guess?

hummingbirdstones

• Opalholic and General Rock Nut
  • Administrator
    • Hummingbird Stones Lapidary Services
Re: Unknown Faceting Machine
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2021, 07:38:00 AM »

I have no clue what it is, but I would suggest you join Gemology Online (the colored stone section) here:  https://www.gemologyonline.com/Forum/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=8 and post those pictures up and ask there.  Someone there might know.

There are a lot of faceters on that board and one in particular - Justin K. Prim has a faceting machine collection and may be able to help you ID it.  It could be a hand made one, also. 

Hope that helps you out!
Robin
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 28 queries.