Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Advice for good versatile machine for grinding and polishing  (Read 301 times)

CHILELAP

Posted recently about polishing slaps on a regular non vibratory flat lap. For now, had to put the slabs on the back burner. We mainly make focus on silver jewelry with natural semiprecious stone. For instance, we sell and mount rough moldavite, charoite, seraphinite and also elite shungite in 950 silver settings. But thanks for all the advise received about the slabs and we'll get back to them soon. (I can`t stand giving up on things like this!) At same time, as we don`t do slabs that often, I am not going to invest in a vibratory lap. (I have to import to Chile and final, landed costs are almost double that of US prices.) As I mentioned to someone else, the 12" original Bull Wheel seems like a very good options for slabs, and also for many other of lapidary applications. It seems to be more versatile than a flat lap, regular or vibratory. But can`t find the Bull Wheel available on Internet from original mnfg. (only some parts) and similar products like the Highland Park version but are way too pricey. Anyone know if the original Bull Whee is still available somewhere? Maybe only used? Anyway, thinking about either an 8" expandible wheel, even though it's not as good as the 12" Bull Wheel, and also I can mount the 8" on a spare motor in the shop. The others idea is a Richardson Ranch vertical grinder - polisher.  Any opinions??  Thanks in advance.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 27 queries.