Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Meet Trevor  (Read 2168 times)

lithicbeads

• Administrator
Meet Trevor
« on: August 11, 2014, 08:15:39 PM »

My daughter packlithic posted a fieldtrip report but she forgot Trevor the toad who has been on one small section of  the gravel bar for over a month now. I have not seen another toad in the area so I guess Trevor is lonely because he , it , she has come to visit us twice while we were highgrading. Trevor sits on a rock bewildered by us and then jumps in the quickly moving water and swims upstream a bit and then takes a rest.
 Our work really begins after highgrading because it is very steep getting out but thankfully short. I will cut some cobbles from today if the rain is not too bad tomorrow and post some pictures.I found a few white jades that look to be nephrite and not diopside with nephrite . I get very excited by this creek because jadeite was also found in situ on the mountain in a mine.I found a big cobble of blue blueschist today the exact rock that jadeite is found in. Blueschists are usually dead black here and the blue is from the fact that when crushed and illuminated with backlight on a microscope stage the crystals are blue. I have never seen as big a piece of blue blueschist with no intermixing of greenschist. This makes me think that the blueschists on this mountain are quite unusual.

Minkos61

Re: Meet Trevor
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 09:05:26 PM »

Hey Trevor nice to have you hoop into this forum sit back and enjoy just no croaking please  :)
Ernie

Enchantra

• Head Bead Nut
  • Administrator
  • Insane Bead Woman
    • Enchanted Regalia
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 09:54:31 PM »

I cannot wait to see what beads you make from this haul.
As for Trevor, good to see your toad friend has a name now.   ;D

wampidy

• A ring on the hand is worth two on the bush
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2014, 06:14:46 PM »

Cool "it". Love the frogs and toads. Horny toads here are way cool and once you get them in your hand they do not want to leave. Like the warmth I guess.

This story reminded me of the nickname that my son has given his girlfriends three year old daughter. "(FRANK)"
Jim
I threw a stone into the air.
It came to earth "ouch"
I now know where.
You can quote me on this, I have the scar.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 33 queries.