Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: a bit over 10,000 vetical feet of rock  (Read 1698 times)

lithicbeads

• Administrator
a bit over 10,000 vetical feet of rock
« on: November 09, 2014, 01:18:54 PM »

I took this picture yesterday from Cap Sante viewpoint in Anacortes Washington. There is huge amounts of collecting in the picture , largely jade. From the water in the bay we see the corner of an island and moving upward a fogbank, Blanchard mountain , the Twin Sisters range and then the Mt. Baker massif with it's various peaks.

Enchantra

• Head Bead Nut
  • Administrator
  • Insane Bead Woman
    • Enchanted Regalia
Re: a bit over 10,000 vetical feet of rock
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 01:57:48 PM »

Beautiful!
I do miss the scenery in Washington.
However I do have mountains behind me, they just are not as big as yours.

Bentiron

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2014, 03:57:11 PM »

Those are sure pretty! Amanda's are the Superstition Mountains, there are some nice rocks out there too.

Helene Fielder

• Administrator
    • Helene Fielder Sculptures
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, 10:42:35 PM »

It's hard to capture the grand scale of Mr baker.  You live in a beautiful area.  Mountains, forest and ocean. To top that great rock hunting too.
Helene

Itsandbits

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2014, 09:07:47 AM »

postcard perfect Frank :headbang:
rocks and people have a lot in common; one persons "leaverite" is anothers treasure

packlithic

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2014, 04:14:06 PM »

With the minor flooding we have had this very normal November ( weather wise) my daughter and I took time out of of costco and grain elevator trip for a quick stop at a stream in one of the valleys in this picture. It is a good place because the stream is only about 20 vertical feet from the road and it can produce all kinds of things but mostly jade and rodingite. A newly enlarged channel in the stream exposed dozens of pieces of jade , mostly junk but a few maybes. This stop means getting wet to the shins so we just use sneakers and change to dry foot wear when done. I was shocked at how poorly I did on my first cold collecting trip of the year. Wooden feet and non functional fingers were my reward something I have never experienced with wet hands when collecting down to zero F. The spinal arthritis has reduced feeling and blood flow in my hands and feet but I was shocked to experience such a radical change in less than a year. I guess cutting next to my pellet stove makes more sense but collecting is just so exciting it would be hard  to give up even in the icy months.If I have to wear hip boots and rubber glove -gauntlets I would just as soon give it up, I love the cold but am not so hot on the non functional body parts.

LithicStrings

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2014, 01:43:28 PM »

Note to readers - the comment above by packlithic is actually by lithicbeads - side effect of 3 people using the same computer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 40 queries.