Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello from Bangkok.  (Read 1199 times)

justinkprim

Hello from Bangkok.
« on: January 06, 2019, 11:13:27 PM »

Hi, my name is Justin K Prim and I'm new to this board.  I like to be a member of many gem and lapidary forums because I am involved in a lot of different projects and its great to be able to share and converse about all the fun aspects of gem cutting.  I have been cutting stones for over 7 years and have been traveling around the world training with different master cutters from different cultures. I also teach gem faceting at a new school in Bangkok called the Institute of Gem Trading.

I am also a gemologist by training with a passion for history.  I am currently working on a book about the history of Gem Faceting around the world and I write a lot of article and present talks about that.

Thanks for having me in your forum. I look forward to reading the conversations and starting a few of my own.

Justin
www.facetinghistory.com
www.justinkprim.com

VegasJames

Re: Hello from Bangkok.
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 02:47:14 AM »

Welcome to the forum.

lithicbeads

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 04:37:27 AM »

Welcome . I fondly remember the many evenings our group of facetors spent with Long and Steele hearing about how they were continuing to develop meet point faceting. A special time.

Jhon P

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 06:27:47 AM »

Welcome from Nevada, USA
Sounds like you will be a good asset to this group. I have talked about learning to facet, not that I have time for one more hobby
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 34 queries.