Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Johnson Lapidary vs. MK 303S 18 inch blade  (Read 440 times)

Stoneman456

Johnson Lapidary vs. MK 303S 18 inch blade
« on: September 09, 2021, 01:13:26 PM »

Time to replace my 18 inch blade and wonder if any of you have a preference for the Johnson Lapidary 303 sintered 18 inch vs the MK 303S?  There is a large difference in price between the two and wonder if the MK303S is worth the additional costs.  Thanks in advance for any responses.

vitzitziltecpatl

Re: Johnson Lapidary vs. MK 303S 18 inch blade
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2021, 04:59:43 PM »

Don't have any experience with the JB blade, but we put the MK-301 on our 18" saw recently. Was going to get the segmented MK-303, but chose the 301 because sometimes the smooth-sided rim on the 303 can glaze over with some materials.

Liked it so well I got one for the 14" drop saw, and found I prefer it to the (non-segmented) 14" MK-303 it replaced.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.193 seconds with 28 queries.