Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stonewall Jasper (pic heavy)  (Read 965 times)

VegasJames

Ryaly2dogs

Re: Stonewall Jasper (pic heavy)
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 12:57:35 PM »

Really interesting material, and great colors.  The rock itself has many stories to tell of tectonic forces.

Jhon P

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 01:06:38 PM »

You are sure finding some interesting material. I haven’t collected much in that area. I will be in Pahrump In January for a few days on the way back from quartzite. I always go out and collect oynx for spheres.

VegasJames

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2018, 05:08:42 PM »

You are sure finding some interesting material. I haven’t collected much in that area. I will be in Pahrump In January for a few days on the way back from quartzite. I always go out and collect oynx for spheres.

There is tons of purple banded quartz in Pahrump as well. I don't collect much of anything out there. There is a mine out there with some really nice Chrysocolla, and some Indian Blanket-like material on the way, but when I went out there the road to the mine is blocked. I have several places I prefer to go to.

Would love to have a sphere or two of the Stonewall Jasper some day. I really like the patterns and colors.

Kaljaia

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2018, 05:56:58 PM »

Very interesting material. Is the grain of the stone consistent? From the rough, looks like there's some variation in material.
- Erika

I rock hunt in the Antelope/Ashwood area of the John Day river basin in Oregon.

VegasJames

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2018, 08:21:57 PM »

Very interesting material. Is the grain of the stone consistent? From the rough, looks like there's some variation in material.

Patterns do vary as does the color somewhat. Some of the pieces are layered as where others have swirls or just "blobs" of color. Color is mainly greens with brownish-burgundy and grayish less common colors in the stone. I really like the colors and patterns. Unfortunately there is very little material at the mine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 37 queries.