Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Report To Moderator Button  (Read 4849 times)

Enchantra

• Head Bead Nut
  • Administrator
  • Insane Bead Woman
    • Enchanted Regalia
The Report To Moderator Button
« on: September 11, 2017, 08:51:53 PM »

This little guy is your friend.  Use him.  He is at the lower right-hand corner of every single post.
When you see spam or a member being offensive, please use that button to report the offending person.

Why use the report button?
When you hit that button, and enter a small message in the box and hit submit, every single admin and moderator gets notified something needs attention.  This is great because if one of us cannot be online, we know someone else will nail the spammer or other offensive post fairly fast. 

Case in point:  We had a Russian Spammer today.  A member sent me a PM to report it.  The problem is I cannot be logging into the forum from work, work monitors our net usage and we can get into trouble if we are doing to many things at work not related to work (And in the defense of the member who sent me a PM, I had forgotten to log out at home this morning, so they probably thought I was online...).

In using the report button, the spammer would have been addressed faster.  I did quickly log in from work on my lunch and found that someone had recently nailed the spammer within minutes of my log in.  However it was a good two hours from the time I got the email that I had a PM, to the time I was able to log in.  A lot can happen in two hours - more spam, people unknowingly downloading viruses etc. 

So please, use the Report Button.  It's your friend.  It's that warm soup on a cold night.  It's your favorite blanket when the monsters under your bed are lurking.

Rockoteer

Re: The Report To Moderator Button
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 09:20:31 PM »

Got it.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 30 queries.