Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Burro Creek collecting area being blocked  (Read 1460 times)

VegasJames

Burro Creek collecting area being blocked
« on: January 02, 2019, 03:07:35 PM »

I have a page on Facebook, Southwest Rockhounding and Mining. One of my posters posted this today. Anyone else have any information on this?:

Craig Bowlby: "I just received more bad news for rock hounds. The Canadian company that owns a number of copper mines in Arizona has placed gates across the road that leads into the Burro Creek collecting area. This means that the beautiful purple agate as well as the pastelite and Autumn Sunset dendritic agate are all a thing of the past, unless we can convince them to open it back up. They are not actively mining this area. The closures are retaliation against the environmentalists who blocked a mine that they wanted to develop. The irony of it all is that it doesn't hurt the tree huggers. It's us rock hounds, who support mining, that have been shut out. If you have any kind of political pull, your help in getting this historically significant collecting area opened back up."

lapidaryrough

• www.lapidaryrough.com
Silicate life form

VegasJames

Re: Burro Creek collecting area being blocked
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 03:57:47 PM »

https://www.blm.gov/visit/search-details/13503/2

Thant mentions the government shutdown's effect, but nothing about roads outside the area being blocked off to prevent access.

Slabbercabber

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2019, 05:38:45 PM »

It is federal land.  Surely there must be more than one access point even if a single road is privately owned.  That by the way seems unlikely.

55fossil

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2019, 07:24:15 PM »

Call me a tree hugger and a ROCK HOUND.....   Maybe you need to show me some proof every time you get pissed off at something you do not like and blame it on whacko environmentalists. Not everything is done because some environmentalist wants to keep you off some rock pile. I have had four mining claims and still have one now. I guess Trump is a supreme tree hugger because he wants everything locked up for the richest 1 percent..............  No, I do not want him in my camp.
  Maybe Teddy Roosevelt was a tree hugger. Set aside huge amounts of land for the future generations that you cannot dig rocks on. That was when he was not out fishing and killing as many Elk and Bear as he could with no bag limits. He was a MAN, a big man and a smart man.
   Leave some rocks for your children's, children's children. We do not need it all to be mined today.

VegasJames

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2019, 09:34:05 PM »

It is federal land.  Surely there must be more than one access point even if a single road is privately owned.  That by the way seems unlikely.

There may be, I am not familiar with the area. But there should not be blocked access regardless. It is supposed to be illegal to block access to public lands. And even with a lease a lease is not ownership, it is more of a renting. Since it is against the law to put up gates to block access to public lands if this is what is really happening then the BLM needs to step in and make them remove the gates or punish them, including revoking their leases for illegal activity in my opinion.

lapidaryrough

• www.lapidaryrough.com
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2019, 10:23:02 AM »

1872 mining act.

https://legcounsel.house.gov/Comps/Act%20Of%20May%2010,%201872-(Mining%20Law%20Of%201872).pdf

A logging company said no too me, I responded with 1872. I was allowed to drive within 273 ft. 0f my gold claims in Oregon.

The log farmers i speak of, fed the mill  in Lebanon Oregon down town mill Milton st. - Grant st.  That Dad work at as a Mill wright. 1949 - 1966 mill closed.

And I had clear grain wood to chop for wood stove.

Those claim holder of land. >

Are fed-UP with the rock hogs an shooting up Choker towers on site.

Gates  go up only for RISK-MANAGEMENT to deal with you all with the Law.

As to what happened at Holley blue agate beds. Scott Mt. Digging site.

Names with held / of the drunken party that ran 4 tracks out of bounds.

Human lost head out of bound speeding north to gate with  5/8 choker cable across road
 To prevent vehicles from driving in planted land of firs.

Fine then for digging under ANY  tree was $800.00 per-tree.
At the Hill family land.

If you don't ask. Then say them Bleep-en mouth works for the mirror.

Not the Forum!

Jack Cole

Lebanon,Oregon
Silicate life form
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 40 queries.