Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: What's happening out your way?  (Read 4793 times)

Felicia

Re: What's happening out your way?
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2020, 11:08:12 AM »

The media needs to keep to facts. They were showing " packed" beaches with people maybe 30 to 100 feet apart, or small family groups.  How much more social distancing can you get?

VegasJames

« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2020, 07:18:26 PM »

The good thing is that according to the news nothing else bad in the world is going on as all they talk about is Covid19. One of the reasons I rarely watch the news anymore. I am so tired of listening to the Covid19 hysteria reporting.

Downwindtracker2

« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2020, 10:04:33 AM »

Good News, here in BC we are seeing less than the expected death rate of 0.6%. Stay safe

Kaljaia

« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2020, 11:04:04 PM »

We are down to two-is-a-crowd in Oregon, trying to stop the spread before it hits WA levels. One in the county so far, and they have no idea where it came from in that person, so... idk probably been circulating for a while and going unnoticed among all the seasonal flu. My coworkers vary from panic to not caring at all. I'm in the middle- I described it to a kid today as like living with a rattlesnake. You know it's dangerous, you respect its ability to hurt you, and you figure out how to safely work around it.

- Erika

I rock hunt in the Antelope/Ashwood area of the John Day river basin in Oregon.

Downwindtracker2

« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2020, 09:27:24 AM »

I like the two-is-a-crowd. The other one I've heard is 6 feet apart or 6 feet under. The English have come up with 2 meter distance to keep our existence.

The scenes coming from NYC are sobering . The one that sticks in my mind is of a refer trailer backed up to the door of a hospital.

On a more pleasant note, with everybody stuck at home, there's lot of baking going on.

Enchantra

• Head Bead Nut
  • Administrator
  • Insane Bead Woman
    • Enchanted Regalia
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2020, 09:45:12 AM »

My husband has been baking bread in the breadmaker.
I've been experimenting with sourdough.
I'm slowly bit-by-bit working on getting my studio cleaned to the point I can use it.
Also prepping to put in the garden.

Rustycat

« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2020, 10:51:09 AM »

Good News, here in BC we are seeing less than the expected death rate of 0.6%. Stay safe
Even though most of us are maxed out with information, I found the following Pod Cast to be remarkable:  https://reason.com/podcast/how-many-of-us-will-die-from-the-coronavirus/

ileney

« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2020, 06:53:32 PM »

I’ve been trapped in my house for two weeks with my poor son whose college year was cut short ( and working on classes remotely with none of the supports at college is a big challenge) and my husband who fortunately can work from home.
 Maine went from under 650 people unemployed to over 22,000 in a week. I have a respiratory/immune disorder so I’m pretty sure this thing would kill me ( the common cold typically takes me months to recover from) and am doing all to avoid it. My sister in New York tell me everyone is catching it even though they barely leave their homes. I guess you can still pick it up if you have to use the gas station or grocery store. The parents of several of my nephew’s friends are very ill and the healthy 72 year old father of my sister’s friend died in just a few days. It’s scary how fast it spreads.
My in-laws live in Assisted Living and all the many classes are cancelled and they are having to eat in their apartments. No socializing or visitors allowed at all. They stop by 5 times  a day, twice to take every resident’s temperature and deliver snacks and three times for meals. The people doing this now wear gloves and masks. They are terrified this thing will rampage through, the way it has at other facilities.

Downwindtracker2

« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2020, 07:17:02 PM »

My sister is on chemo and my buddy has had a kidney transplant, it's a death sentence to either of them.

In Canada, unemployment insurance is federal, EI usually gets 35,000 applicants a week, last week it was a million. Our population is 37 million.

The wife backed another batch of cookies. 

ToTheSummit

« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2020, 08:39:49 PM »

I'm considered an essential industry. We do a lot of work on public utilities, and people like it when the water comes on when they turn the faucet and the poop disappears when they push the handle.  Needless to say I'm as busy as ever.  In fact, after working all day we got called in for some night work, so guess who's about ready to put his work boots back on?!

Vegas is eerie right now.  The town that never sleeps is in a coma.  I'm out there every day though.  I told my wife it feels like the whole world went on vacation and I have to work!  I was scheduled to be on vacation next week...thats not happening now.

ileney

« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2020, 08:56:21 PM »

Rustycat

« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2020, 10:15:33 PM »

I’ve been trapped in my house for two weeks with my poor son whose college year was cut short ( and working on classes remotely with none of the supports at college is a big challenge) and my husband who fortunately can work from home.
 Maine went from under 650 people unemployed to over 22,000 in a week. I have a respiratory/immune disorder so I’m pretty sure this thing would kill me ( the common cold typically takes me months to recover from) and am doing all to avoid it. My sister in New York tell me everyone is catching it even though they barely leave their homes. I guess you can still pick it up if you have to use the gas station or grocery store. The parents of several of my nephew’s friends are very ill and the healthy 72 year old father of my sister’s friend died in just a few days. It’s scary how fast it spreads.
My in-laws live in Assisted Living and all the many classes are cancelled and they are having to eat in their apartments. No socializing or visitors allowed at all. They stop by 5 times  a day, twice to take every resident’s temperature and deliver snacks and three times for meals. The people doing this now wear gloves and masks. They are terrified this thing will rampage through, the way it has at other facilities.
Not wanting to fear monger, I will point this article out regarding the transmissibility of the virus :https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2020-03-29/coronavirus-choir-outbreak

Kaljaia

« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2020, 11:34:58 PM »

My folks (72 & 80) are in western Washington, and I'm well aware of what this could do to them, but they're being very careful and we're all trying to balance "normal" life as much as possible. I am hugely blessed by still being able to hike, and still having a job I can do from home! Being in such a remote area in Oregon, where we haven't been hit hard yet, it still feels distant.
- Erika

I rock hunt in the Antelope/Ashwood area of the John Day river basin in Oregon.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 52 queries.