Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello from N. Utah  (Read 904 times)

isabelle

Hello from N. Utah
« on: October 07, 2019, 09:33:17 AM »

Cache Rock and Gem Club member from N. UT.  We visit all sites UT and push into NV, ID, WY with some members hanging out in Quartzite over the winter.  Unfortunately, I am in UT during the winter but it's still a great place to rock and my friends bring back some great rock to share.  I do rock hounding, cutting, polishing and setting.  My metalsmithing is just adequate as it is hard to find time to set up and go at it.  I have recently purchased on old flat lap for faceting.....yes, I am a glutton for time punishment.  No, I do not know how to facet just yet.

In addition to rocks, I also am in to biology....work as a gov research pharm tech and now realize all too late I should have gone in to paleontology instead.  Critters in my house range from the standard black lab, cherry head red foot tort, female betta with companion dwarf frog, two dwarf walking toads, dwarf Cameroon gecko, albino gecko, and and the classic black tarantula from Brazil.  Of course there is the hubs of over 30 yrs, and son, moved back home, and a weekend granddaughter.

Yes, I am all over the place, but then, you only live once.

Stonemon

Re: Hello from N. Utah
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2019, 12:16:02 PM »

Howdy from western Oregon! Welcome to the forum.

Bill

hummingbirdstones

• Opalholic and General Rock Nut
  • Administrator
    • Hummingbird Stones Lapidary Services
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2019, 02:35:31 PM »

Welome, Isabelle, from Northern Arizona!   :hello:

Show us your rocks.  We love pictures!
Robin

lithicbeads

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2019, 04:54:45 PM »

Welcome from the Washington coast. Yes you live just once and you seem to be taking advantage of many of life's wonders.

isabelle

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2019, 06:01:00 PM »

I'd love to show some of my stones, polished, slab and rough but first I have to figure out how to post them.  When I do, I will send a slew.

And yeh,  I gotta cram it all in as best I can,  we only have so much time and and mine has been somewhat truncated.  What is the saying?  I want to cross the line crawling, bloodied and broken knowing I have lived....okay, so I paraphrased but someone out there will know the origional.

hummingbirdstones

• Opalholic and General Rock Nut
  • Administrator
    • Hummingbird Stones Lapidary Services
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2019, 03:10:27 PM »

All you need to do is make sure your pics are resized (I use 600 x 800 pixels) and then click Browse Button under the Attach: heading at the bottom left of the screen.  For more than one picture, click the (more attachments) link directly below that.  I think you have to add them one at a time (no batch upload).
Robin

VegasJames

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2019, 06:31:53 AM »

Welcome from Las Vegas.

ileney

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2019, 07:16:50 PM »

Wow! Sounds like you sure are busy! Welcome from Maine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 1.121 seconds with 42 queries.