Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Natural alexandrite pendent...  (Read 1302 times)

pounder2016

Natural alexandrite pendent...
« on: November 04, 2016, 04:49:10 AM »

I enjoy the show & tell posting as I get to show off a little, some of the pendents I try to create in the unusual catagory. This pendent gets requests to see because this has so many alex stones built into it. The circle is 1.5" in diameter, 14kt white gold, 12 stones on the outside, over 15cts & 5 cabs of alex catseye in the center, just over 9cts. A total of 24.5cts of pretty good colorchange alexandrite. The pendent has been working for over 10 yrs, & this is the final result. The appraisal, quite a few, verify the stones as such & good to good+ quality. If Ive posted before, sorry for the repeat, the pics are current. the pics show in daylight,& under 2 candles in a dark room for effect-steve... :cool:

southerly

Re: Natural alexandrite pendent...
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2016, 04:32:55 AM »

Wow that is a strong colour change, where did you source the stones from?

pounder2016

Re: Natural alexandrite pendent...
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2016, 06:15:05 AM »

These stones, as with most of the stones I bought, were mostly bought from the websites out of Thailand over a long time. I was on the sites daily at home & at work looking for the stones that fit my specs at the time, also was looking for stones that worked as listed & also was watching the auctions doing my bidding & hoping for the best. This is the reason I have no inventory, I buy what I need when I find, + I do have friends who cut stone & have given me some wonderful gems, usually not seen in stores. So as I stated before, my plan was to make jewelry unique, listed as bland by some but unusual at the least. This is a pic of a pink topaz, Brazilian, FL material, about a best cut as can be, mounted with a FL bi-color tourmaline in 14kt gold, both stones @ 11cts ea & amazing to see, stuff as this not seen in stores & proved to be very hard to find, especially the topaz, in this size/quality-steve... :cool:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 32 queries.