Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Site no longer shows new messages.  (Read 5051 times)

irockhound

• RockhoundingUSA
Site no longer shows new messages.
« on: May 25, 2019, 03:23:29 PM »

Weird thing this last week.  When I open the forum on my pc it shows there are no new posts since my last visit but if I look at the main forum page I can see posts dated today that I haven't read.  No changes to my machine and using Chrome 74.0 and on Windows 10.  Wondering if something odd could trigger it like maybe the virus program that pre-checks site safety or maybe something really out there like a tablet in the house that visited the site and still has it open but tablet is shut off.  Would site still register that I hadn't left so nothing new?

ileney

Re: Site no longer shows new messages.
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2019, 04:34:03 PM »

I noticed the same thing.

socalagatehound

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2019, 04:41:39 PM »

I couldn't access the site at all for a couple of days this week. It said the server was unable to respond. Might be a related issue...
Craig

Stonemon

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2019, 05:14:55 PM »

I had trouble also. Pro-boards was having trouble.

Bill

hummingbirdstones

• Opalholic and General Rock Nut
  • Administrator
    • Hummingbird Stones Lapidary Services
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2019, 09:00:41 PM »

That happens to me on occasion with this forum.  I think it'a kind of buggy sometimes.

We were down for a couple of days this week.  Other boards were having difficulties, too.  It had to do with the site cache.  Unsure what caused it, but it could have been someone hacking into forums and just to wreak some havoc.

irockhound - I stay signed in to the board all time and it doesn't seem to affect the new post thing.  It just could be because Sir Osis had to go in and fix the cache thing.  If it got cleared out, it probably reset everyone in terms of when they were logged in.  I'm just guessing here, but that may be it.
Robin

Greg Hiller

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2019, 12:30:25 PM »

I had the same issue.  Used to be the new thread thing worked fine, then stopped a few days ago. 
Always interested in trading slabs and rough
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 38 queries.