Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I-15 rockhounding  (Read 1165 times)

Sandsave

I-15 rockhounding
« on: February 20, 2018, 05:57:38 PM »

I went to play golf in mesquite nv, last weekend made plans to catch up with To the summit aka Karl after golf on Saturday for some rockhounding, as usual all plans went south, had a frost delay for a hour, and the groups in front of us must have been in some sort of turtle league, slowest players I've ever seen!
So I text Karl to let him know I could meet up with him as I had some material for him and not enough daylight left in the day. We made a plan to meet at a exit on I-15, what a guy he had gone out to the spots we were supposed to collect and picked me up some really nice material big enough to sphere and some nice red onyx he had collected elsewhere.
He didn't have to do that I felt guilty that he did all the work, I'll make sure he gets some nice spheres for sure...
Good guy alert!!!!!

ToTheSummit

Re: I-15 rockhounding
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 12:55:38 PM »

Was good to see you, even if we didn't get time to hound.  And I'm still cutting up rocks you gave me when I came to Utah, besides the fact that you spent a whole day showing me all your secret spots.  I figured some rough was the least that I could do for you.  Besides, I'm really curious to see how that conglomerate turns out as a sphere since it really doesn't have much use as anything else.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 29 queries.