Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Paint on Pottery  (Read 1428 times)

LithicStrings

Paint on Pottery
« on: March 19, 2016, 07:15:10 PM »

I always thought these paint on pottery stores were a bit goofy.  Then LithicBeads joined a pottery studio in the back of a paint on pottery store on the island.  He saw a sign for Ladies Night, so I tried it.
Well - goofy is ok when you're having fun. 
The Whidbey Art Escape has paint on pottery, glass fusing, and a full ceramic studio with potters wheels and handbuilding.  They offer pottery classes, and the staff teach the clueless (aka me) how to do whatever is available. 
The main goal is supportive - the owner sees it as community service - rather than volunteering somewhere else, as long as the business pays the rent, she offers a supportive environment to "escape" and do something creative.  They have kids classes and after school sessions, but ladie's night is for grown-ups (at least by years) only - an escape from family responsibilities. 
I made a few goofy Christmas ornaments last December.  There are actually techniques to this "art", and experience does result in improvement.  This flower didn't come out completely as intended, but still happy with a bit of early summer to brighten up our place.

Gergis

• Global Moderator
  • "I MILK MY ROCKS"
Re: Paint on Pottery
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2016, 12:24:12 PM »

Thats really cool Karen!

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

hummingbirdstones

• Opalholic and General Rock Nut
  • Administrator
    • Hummingbird Stones Lapidary Services
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2016, 05:35:01 PM »

I think you did a really nice job on it.  Looks to me like you have a talent for this stuff!
Robin

lithicbeads

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2016, 07:24:19 PM »

The science nerd gets into the visual arts - anything can happen and yes she does seem to have a talent for it.

crazyjays

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2016, 07:43:35 PM »

That is very nice. :icon_thumleft:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 36 queries.