Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: New lens - what do you think?  (Read 5445 times)

vitzitziltecpatl

Re: New lens - what do you think?
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2017, 07:10:00 PM »

You might try lower ISO setting if it's consistent across the image. Search for "noise" and "ISO settings" if you want to read about causes and fixes.

Random spots in a digital photo can sometimes be dead pixels in the camera sensor, but they wouldn't be spread consistently across the image.

Rockoteer

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2017, 08:44:51 PM »

You might try lower ISO setting if it's consistent across the image. Search for "noise" and "ISO settings" if you want to read about causes and fixes.

Random spots in a digital photo can sometimes be dead pixels in the camera sensor, but they wouldn't be spread consistently across the image.

Well I set the ISO to the lowest setting, could not find anything on noise although It may be in the book.  Doesn't look like dead pixels as they are not black, more like dust bunnies.  I may be screwed as I have heard with the pocket cameras, dust can be sucked into them when you turn them on and off.  Thanks for the info.

ASO

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2017, 10:08:55 PM »

It could be dust, when taking photos with a macro setting or a macro lens its unreal what detail the camera will see.  I just use a macro lens not a setting for more control but use what you have by all means.  Try doing what I like to do and don't zoom in all the way with the camera but blow it up once you put it on the computer I like the way that works.  Being zoomed out a bit you wont pick up all the annoying little details that will drive you nuts.

vitzitziltecpatl

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2017, 07:10:49 AM »

It's sounds strange, but the "dead pixels" - as some friends with more experience called them - don't look black in the final image. I don't know anything about pocket cameras, but sucking in dust sounds logical.

A quick search for "iso noise" yielded many results online. Of course then we always have to figure out which ones really know what they're talking about.

Rockoteer

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2017, 08:29:04 PM »

It could be dust, when taking photos with a macro setting or a macro lens its unreal what detail the camera will see.  I just use a macro lens not a setting for more control but use what you have by all means.  Try doing what I like to do and don't zoom in all the way with the camera but blow it up once you put it on the computer I like the way that works.  Being zoomed out a bit you wont pick up all the annoying little details that will drive you nuts.
tks I will try this for sure.

Rockoteer

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2017, 08:32:07 PM »

It's sounds strange, but the "dead pixels" - as some friends with more experience called them - don't look black in the final image. I don't know anything about pocket cameras, but sucking in dust sounds logical.

A quick search for "iso noise" yielded many results online. Of course then we always have to figure out which ones really know what they're talking about.
Sometimes that is difficult, especially when I don't know how to tell knowledge from fake.  I will take some pics and post them and maybe with all the good knowledge on this board someone will tell me exactly what it is.
tks again
Gary

hummingbirdstones

• Opalholic and General Rock Nut
  • Administrator
    • Hummingbird Stones Lapidary Services
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2017, 06:58:23 AM »

I think the forums at dpreview would be a good place to start.  They've been around forever and if I'm ever thinking about buying a new camera, I go there to read reviews.

https://www.dpreview.com/forums
Robin

vitzitziltecpatl

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2017, 07:25:43 AM »

Rockoteer - I know what you mean. My aspirin budget went WAY up when I started trying to learn about photography!

ASO

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2017, 09:54:16 AM »

My website guy picked up a canon 5D MK4 its definitely a pro camera at a pro price and has a bit of a learning curve but the photos that is takes are unreal especially when paired up to a high end lens, and you shoot TV shows and movies with it the video quality is so high.

crashoveroide

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2017, 11:41:41 PM »

Im planing to buy DSLR Camara for photography.. which camara model good for that (Nikon Or Canon)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 45 queries.