Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Needing help... Is this Yooperlite?  (Read 294 times)

CrystalAdmirer

Needing help... Is this Yooperlite?
« on: March 20, 2024, 04:49:45 PM »

I am new to rockhounding and along my short journey thus far, I came across learning about Yooperlite. Ever since discovering it, I've wanted to get some.. My birthday was last week and I was gifted a bunch of what we all thought was Yooperlite.. That's what was ordered and what was supposedly sent. HOWEVER.. Someone on Facebook had asked if I was sure it was Yooperlite, so it has me wondering.. Is this Yooperlite or is it something else? These glow a bright pink color when I hold my magnifying glass over it with a UV light attached. Would it glow more orange if I had a stronger UV light or would that make a difference on the color? I know that it's intensity would be stronger with a better light, but I don't know about all of this.. LOL

Enchantra

• Head Bead Nut
  • Administrator
  • Insane Bead Woman
    • Enchanted Regalia
Re: Needing help... Is this Yooperlite?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2024, 10:38:18 AM »

I'm not a Yooperlite expert by any means.
That said it appears to be a Yooperlite to me based upon other images I have seen.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 28 queries.