Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Quartzsite shows, anyone have a status?  (Read 1454 times)

bilquest

• Rocks and Stuff
Quartzsite shows, anyone have a status?
« on: January 03, 2021, 06:56:06 PM »

I see that Desert Gardens is going on this year with covid precautions... did anyone attend opening weekend?  I'm curious what the vendor turnout is like.  Ghost town or biz as usual?  Are the Aussies there?  The weather is looking good for later in the week, I'm thinking of heading out there for my annual 'stroll and haggle' if the report is good.

Smokey

Re: Quartzsite shows, anyone have a status?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2021, 12:43:48 PM »

I'm going Sunday.  It will only be my third time so I don't have many past shows to compare it to.

I'll post here how it went!

ToTheSummit

Re: Quartzsite shows, anyone have a status?
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2021, 07:18:31 PM »

The wife and I drove down to Quartzsite today.  The show was very different this year.  I usually stock upon rough at Desert Gardens, but the vendors there this year were very different.  Still a few of the regulars and I managed to spend the cash in my pocket, but it wasn't like years past.  I had a good visit with Tony (Catmandewe) and he explained to me a lot of what went down this year and why it was such a different feel.  Of course his booth was up and running and its always fun to see the equipment he has on hand.  His drag saw was apart for repairs while I was there but I got to see the big trailer-mounted, gasoline-powered 36" monster saw he found.  The Pow-wow was pretty much a bust for me.  A fair amount of vendors there but I didn't find anything I had to have.  In the end I managed to bring home about a dozen different kinds of rough as well as a bucket full of random rock my wife found for $15 (I've yet to dump it out and see what hidden treasures are there, if any).  Masks were required and social distancing was no problem since the crowds were very light so if covid is a concern to you it felt as safe as anywhere could these days.  I enjoyed the day but it was not the show of years past (no surprise there).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 31 queries.