Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New pieces  (Read 861 times)

Enchantra

• Head Bead Nut
  • Administrator
  • Insane Bead Woman
    • Enchanted Regalia
New pieces
« on: September 05, 2022, 06:57:31 PM »

Been working on these on my livestream.
These are some finished pieces from the last few months.  Now that we are living in Canada streaming is the only time I get a chance to work on my artwork.

irockhound

• RockhoundingUSA
Re: New pieces
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2022, 07:44:09 PM »

WOW, always floored by your work.  I find them all gorgeous however for favorites I find the 6th and 7th tops but the 5th was close behind with the native feel and color scheme.

55fossil

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2022, 06:22:18 AM »

Incredible!

R.U. Sirius

• asleep at the grinding wheel
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2022, 07:41:44 AM »

True works of art. The form, the composition, the color - it's all there! Pleasure to look at!

AgateLicker

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2022, 04:33:11 PM »

You seem like someone who is able to plan ahead well. If this is what you're turning out with scant time I can hardly fathom what's on deck in your mind!

Always a pleasure to see your creations; thank you for sharing!

southerly

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2022, 02:28:54 AM »

Very nice work, like how you honoured the stones you chose

R.U. Sirius

• asleep at the grinding wheel
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2022, 10:17:09 AM »

Would you mind telling us more about the creation in the first photo above? A statement piece for sure, and I would love to know what the artist's statement is!

Enchantra

• Head Bead Nut
  • Administrator
  • Insane Bead Woman
    • Enchanted Regalia
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2022, 02:32:07 PM »

Would you mind telling us more about the creation in the first photo above? A statement piece for sure, and I would love to know what the artist's statement is!

I love dragons.  My Chinese Zodiac sign is a dragon.
I have always been partial to dragons.  I happened to see a stencil for Celtic knotwork in the form of a dragon and the design birthed in my head.

You seem like someone who is able to plan ahead well. If this is what you're turning out with scant time I can hardly fathom what's on deck in your mind!

Always a pleasure to see your creations; thank you for sharing!

Depends on what you consider "planning head."   I will go to a gem show with no specific idea in mind, go and buy the stones that speak to me, and then the design typically materializes in my head as I look through related beads to use with said stones.  Sometimes I do have designs floating in my head for a while.  I d not put anything down on paper or draw out designs....

Very nice work, like how you honoured the stones you chose

Thank you.  I always aim to honor the stones, to honor what they want.  As much as it makes me sound crazy, I let the stones talk and determine the designs.

AgateLicker

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2022, 12:09:11 PM »

Enchantra, it sounds like a very solid method. Letting the spirit dictate the direction the creation evolves. Your work is so lively, yet harmonious. None of the elements compete with one another.

Thanks for listening to the stones and allowing yourself to be a conduit for Creation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 42 queries.