Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Retiring from full time work - Selling Jade slabs and soon other top end slabs  (Read 5207 times)

Redrummd

• Global Moderator
    • Art In Stone

Okay, I have decided to stop full time work and retire a 2nd time. 

I took a rough inventory of my top end stone and estimate I have between 2 and 3 tons of top end stone.  I estimate 800 to 1000 pounds is Jade.  My Jade is pretty much top end material that is way above most of what is being sold on Ebay.  I also have an Ebay tutorial linked that explains in detail how I get the glossy polish on the jade I list.

So, I have decided to start listing some slabs on Ebay as I would need to live 100+ more years to have any shot of using all of the stone I have in inventory.

Here is a link to one of my current Jade listings. http://www.ebay.com/itm/272878326768

southerly

Yum, I will be sure to keep and eye on your site Michael, very reasonable starting prices too. There are a couple of jade FB sites that may be worth mentioning this on, PM me if interested and you don't have links to them.

David

charles

I'll be keeping a watch also  :grin:

Orrum

Me too. I hope you will stay in on a hobby level Michael. I do love looking at your creations and you give us such good advice and information!  Got anymore boxes of scrap for sale?

Jhon P

Let me guess, when it was a hobby it was a lot of fun. Than it became a job and the fun has gone away?
What if you put together a lot worth about $100 for me? Some thinner slabs for pocket knifes. And I can pm you my email and address.

Redrummd

• Global Moderator
    • Art In Stone

Me too. I hope you will stay in on a hobby level Michael. I do love looking at your creations and you give us such good advice and information!  Got anymore boxes of scrap for sale?

I am not stopping my work in the shop but I  am cutting back the hours I work from 40 to 50 a week down to 25 to 35 a week.

Redrummd

• Global Moderator
    • Art In Stone

Let me guess, when it was a hobby it was a lot of fun. Than it became a job and the fun has gone away?
What if you put together a lot worth about $100 for me? Some thinner slabs for pocket knifes. And I can pm you my email and address.

PM me - I can put together a small flat rate box with some top end thinner knife slabs.  I just need your mailing address.  I will ship the box to you and you pay if you keep the slabs or simply pay to return the slabs.  No risk other than a bit of postage to you that way.

Redrummd

• Global Moderator
    • Art In Stone

Yum, I will be sure to keep and eye on your site Michael, very reasonable starting prices too. There are a couple of jade FB sites that may be worth mentioning this on, PM me if interested and you don't have links to them.

David

Yes, the pricing is good especially since I polish a corner so you know what to strive for  and I link the slabs to my jade tutorial too.....

You can post on the Jade sites if you would like - I would appreciate it too.  I have way too much posting sites to add more with knives, family, Studio Tours, Ebay sales, Lapidary, etc.......

irockhound

• RockhoundingUSA

Michael, I don't want to start a feeding frenzy but if you were to have another $100 small flat rate with similar scale slabs I would be delighted to have a box also.  That is of course if it is available and not putting you out.  Just let me know and I'll send you my info.  Thanks as always.  I never would have tried making a knife if I hadn't watched your videos and seen your knives.

edgarscale

micheal, i was very hesitant i asking if you can put up a box for me too.    but since others are asking i would like a $100.00 flt rate box too with slabs if you have any left?. 

50% rockhound and 50% wire wrap
       ='s one great pendant

Redrummd

• Global Moderator
    • Art In Stone

Michael, I don't want to start a feeding frenzy but if you were to have another $100 small flat rate with similar scale slabs I would be delighted to have a box also.  That is of course if it is available and not putting you out.  Just let me know and I'll send you my info.  Thanks as always.  I never would have tried making a knife if I hadn't watched your videos and seen your knives.

Are you specifically looking for small knife scale thickness at about 4mm as compared to about 6mm for "normal" thckness slabs? I can get $85. (includes postage) of thin slabs into a small flat rate box.  PM me.....

Redrummd

• Global Moderator
    • Art In Stone

micheal, i was very hesitant i asking if you can put up a box for me too.    but since others are asking i would like a $100.00 flt rate box too with slabs if you have any left?. 

If you are looking for a mix of regular thickness slabs (about 5.5 to 7mm) I can do a $100.  medium flat rate box.  I will write what the stone is on slabs I send.  PM me.

Redrummd

• Global Moderator
    • Art In Stone

1) As people are asking me to sell slabs I need to note that I simply pick slabs in my inventory.  I am not going to sort for specific stone but you will get your moneys worth.  If you do not like what you get - send it back for a full refund!

2) I cannot guarantee slabs will arrive unbroken but I pack very well.  I have shipped a lot of slabs in trades and most arrived intact.  I just cannot "guarantee" they will.

So, I want to see how good these picks I  make are perceived and how well they arrive before I expand beyond the current 5 I have agreed too as of the time I post this.  If all goes well I will let others buy "boxes" I pick and ship.

Phishisgroovin

• Administrator
  • I am here by addiction

PM me - I can put together a small flat rate box with some top end thinner knife slabs.  I just need your mailing address.  I will ship the box to you and you pay if you keep the slabs or simply pay to return the slabs.  No risk other than a bit of postage to you that way.
I wonder what my chunk of jade is worth?
Photos in another topic tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Bluetangclan

I have gotten some of your stuff in the past and was really impressed by the quality of material. I would love a $100 box of jade slabs for regular cabbing. Kind of funny, my two preferred mediums, stupidly soft opal and stupidly hard jade :P
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 55 queries.