Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anything Missing?  (Read 2845 times)

Enchantra

• Head Bead Nut
  • Administrator
  • Insane Bead Woman
    • Enchanted Regalia
Anything Missing?
« on: June 09, 2016, 01:03:43 PM »

Is there something not on these boards you miss from the old board?
Please speak up!

We are trying as a team to make sure as many features and options are available here as were available on the old forum.

So let us know!

Steve

• The Silver Fox
Re: Anything Missing?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 05:14:13 PM »

I don't see any of my jewelry posts from over the several years I was a member of the old forum.  Unless I don't know where to look........................Been loking in"   
Gold, Silver, Other Metals, Casting and Fabrication" and "Tutorials for Jewelry Making".................DONNO..............

Enchantra

• Head Bead Nut
  • Administrator
  • Insane Bead Woman
    • Enchanted Regalia
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 12:04:55 AM »

I don't see any of my jewelry posts from over the several years I was a member of the old forum.  Unless I don't know where to look........................Been loking in"   
Gold, Silver, Other Metals, Casting and Fabrication" and "Tutorials for Jewelry Making".................DONNO..............

That is because things on the old forum didn't transfer to this forum.
They are still on the archive of the old forum.  If you go to the very bottom of the new forum, there is the place to click to take you to the old forum where everyone's postings are saved.  It's all there.  If photos are missing on the old forum in anything it is because either they were removed by George before I took over, or they got lost in the fiasco that was the corrupt backup file we were sold.  We just paid out over $150 to a guy who very graciously got the corrupt backup file to work properly so we could have everything from the old forum saved - however there was some data loss - mostly some pictures.

So yes, it's there - on the old forum - not here on the new forum.

Steve

• The Silver Fox
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2016, 06:32:07 AM »

Kool..............Sorry I misunderstood the transferring thingy................

irockhound

• RockhoundingUSA
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2016, 04:24:29 PM »

Howdy, I don't remember a spot on the old boards but I started making stone belt buckles and in the "Art" section there doesn't seem like a good fit like knives has.  Doesn't seem right to post in cabs or cameos or carvings.  Just wonder where the right spot would be?

Enchantra

• Head Bead Nut
  • Administrator
  • Insane Bead Woman
    • Enchanted Regalia
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2016, 12:53:07 AM »

Howdy, I don't remember a spot on the old boards but I started making stone belt buckles and in the "Art" section there doesn't seem like a good fit like knives has.  Doesn't seem right to post in cabs or cameos or carvings.  Just wonder where the right spot would be?

Most belt buckles tend to be large cabs.  I think it fits fine in the cab section.  Do you have a picture of one of these belt buckles so I can make a better informed decision?  Thanks.

irockhound

• RockhoundingUSA
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2016, 09:53:47 PM »

Here is an intarsia and regular single stone buckle

phrankhansen

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2016, 08:38:16 AM »

those are very cool buckles.  It seems like a separate section would be great for ease of finding them.

irockhound

• RockhoundingUSA
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2016, 09:26:10 AM »

I used to be in I.T. so I am sensitive to the directory issues and not wanting to grow higher level directories or categories.  I am not sure if there are other forms of Art that could be combined such as in the "show and tell" within rockin' jewelry or even if that might be the spot for these.  Let me know I just didn't want to post in areas that were inappropriate for the work.

Enchantra

• Head Bead Nut
  • Administrator
  • Insane Bead Woman
    • Enchanted Regalia
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2016, 10:38:12 AM »

I could see these belt buckles being posted in several areas.

They work for cabs, they work for the show and tell in rockin' jewelry, they work for the metal working area as well if you are fabricating the metal part of the buckle. 

No need to overthink this.   :icon_sunny:  :thumbsup:

Enchantra

• Head Bead Nut
  • Administrator
  • Insane Bead Woman
    • Enchanted Regalia
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2016, 10:43:02 AM »

I added a new board, just to make things a bit more clear.   :icon_sunny:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 44 queries.