Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Calling all journalists! (I need some questions)  (Read 961 times)

bilquest

• Rocks and Stuff
Calling all journalists! (I need some questions)
« on: April 01, 2017, 09:26:24 AM »

I was recently invited to a media event at the end of April to tour the 4 Peaks Amethyst mine. I'll be writing an article about the mine for a local (Arizona) publication. Besides producing some of the finest gem-grade amethyst in the world, its location renders it inaccessible for many. A helicopter is required to lift visitors from the desert floor to a rugged 7000 ft. location in the Mazatzal mountains east of Phoenix metro.

So, as fellow rockhounds, what are some questions you would ask the mine operators? I promise to return and report on my trip here on the forum, and answer any questions offered.

Here's a link for more information... http://www.amethystminetour.com/history-of-the-amethyst-mine.html

tkcaz

Re: Calling all journalists! (I need some questions)
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 07:13:28 PM »

I can Four Peaks from my house. :-).  My question - how did one of the best sources of amethyst wind up at the top of a mountain (a sky island, actually) in the middle of a desert?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 29 queries.