Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jewelry maker's estate - Tons of equipment!  (Read 2929 times)

ct_erik

Jewelry maker's estate - Tons of equipment!
« on: July 08, 2017, 11:30:00 AM »

Hello, I hope this is the right forum for this type of thing, but I am handling the estate of someone who was in the jewelry business: cutting, polishing and mounting, etc. There is a large amount of equipment: rock saw, faceter, tumbler, grinding wheel, polishers, etc and raw materials/supplies that I am hoping someone here could help me understand what it all is, and what it's worth. Im thinking I should try to sell it as a lot, but any advice on how to go about selling would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thanks in advance!

kent

• Fine Woodwork and Lapidary
Re: Jewelry maker's estate - Tons of equipment!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 05:09:41 PM »

I think from my perspective it would be far easier to help you if the photos were not sideways or upside down. I could then spend so time looking at the photos.

Where is the gear located ?

gemfeller

• Art Cut Gems
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2017, 05:16:15 PM »

Yeah, I'm still a little woozy from looking.  Location Connecticut? From your screen name?

edgarscale

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2017, 09:01:31 PM »

you do have a lot of value there.  but first you need to correct the view of the pictures.  then you need to take individual close-up pictures of the equipment and group the smaller stuff.  tell us the names brands of the equipment and age and condition like does it work? 

if you have time, the little stuff can be sold off by mail rather easily.  the heavier stuff can be sold locally through your rock stores or rock clubs or just listed online like ebay or ?? it will take time to sort but if you want a fair price then you need to do some work.  you also might consider auctioning the lot. 

if i could i would love to buy all your stuff....but for now i can only drool.   :icon_salut:

50% rockhound and 50% wire wrap
       ='s one great pendant

ileney

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2017, 03:45:42 AM »

You have some nice stuff there. I think you will get much more if you are willing to put in a bit of work. For example, the Raytech-Shaw faceters sell for particularly good money on eBay if they are in working condition and have all parts. The rough stone could be separated by type of stone, weighed and sold on eBay separately by type easily. Make sure to show photos of it both wet and dry and close ups. As others have said, you need much better photos and likely the local gem and mineral club could help you with the really heavy stuff or perhaps a rock shop, if there is one nearby, would be willing to sell on consignment. Good luck!

ct_erik

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2017, 08:42:04 AM »

Thanks all, I fixed the pics. Not sure how that happened...

Everything is located in Connecticut. Im happy to do some work cleaning fixing and organizing, I just want to be sure its worth it in the end. Im not aware of any decent rock shops in my greater area. If anyone knows and can recommend any within a few hours drive of New York City, that would be very helpful!

Thanks!

domdeslagons

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2017, 03:01:05 PM »

I wish I was leaving in US! I would be at your door!
guess the others are right, you have to see what you have, and sell on Ebay! Maybe you could find a lapidary club near door. They could help you, to determine what tools you have! Not easy when it is not your field of interest!
You also have a few web site of lapidary tool wich could help you to compare/

gemfeller

• Art Cut Gems
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2017, 03:30:07 PM »

ct_erik

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2017, 06:45:04 AM »

edgarscale

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2017, 02:36:56 PM »

best of luck to you.  let us know how it goes.

50% rockhound and 50% wire wrap
       ='s one great pendant
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 43 queries.