Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Sandsave and his Jackpot Jasper Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Turquoise cab benefit auction?  (Read 317 times)

irockhound

• RockhoundingUSA
Turquoise cab benefit auction?
« on: August 06, 2017, 08:47:11 PM »

There was a post for a benefit Auction of a Turquoise cab and I bid several times on the auction.  The last I saw of it I had posted 16.00 and then there was a reply of "Anyone else?".  I never saw a post that the auction had finished and I have looked at my post history and my bid posts are gone and I cannot find the auction post anywhere,  Was the auction post deleted, if not I cannot find it?

Enchantra

• Head Bead Nut
  • Administrator
  • Insane Bead Woman
    • Enchanted Regalia
Re: Turquoise cab benefit auction?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 08:50:16 PM »

There was a post for a benefit Auction of a Turquoise cab and I bid several times on the auction.  The last I saw of it I had posted 16.00 and then there was a reply of "Anyone else?".  I never saw a post that the auction had finished and I have looked at my post history and my bid posts are gone and I cannot find the auction post anywhere,  Was the auction post deleted, if not I cannot find it?

My understanding was Phil yanked the auction because he felt the cab was not going for anything close to what it was worth.  I would direct any questions to him regarding that cab.
-Amanda
http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/studio/EnchantedRegalia
http://www.pinterest.com/amandabielski/
https://www.facebook.com/enchantedregalia/

Coincidence is G-d's way of staying anonymous.  -Rabbi David Abrahams

Sometimes when we are generous in small, barely detectable ways, it can change someone else's life forever. - Comedian Margaret Cho.

A man wearing a helmet defending his country should make more money than a man with a helmet defending a football!!!  (From an email message I received - so true!)

irockhound

• RockhoundingUSA
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2017, 09:07:40 PM »

That is fine, just would have been appropriate to say so rather than just delete it without any mention.  Also if there was a minimum that the cab was worth then the auction should have had a minimum start price.  The auction just stated highest bid wins.  I don't need the cab or want it at this point it was just the way this was handled that was wrong. :shocked:

likesrocks

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2017, 01:23:08 PM »

This is the second thread /posts regarding Turquoise that have been handled in this fashion in the last two weeks. I hope this is not the standard operating procedure.

Have a blessed day all!

PhilNM

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2017, 06:16:12 PM »

Steve. I did post the sale was cancelled. Sorry it went south.

Likesrocks.. sorry, but I don't run charity auctions. If there aren't enough people interested to post honest value bids, I'm not giving them away. It was for the benefit of this site, and I felt the bids were not doing either the site of the cab justice. Don't know about a 2nd issue.

Enchantra

• Head Bead Nut
  • Administrator
  • Insane Bead Woman
    • Enchanted Regalia
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2017, 06:35:43 PM »

That is fine, just would have been appropriate to say so rather than just delete it without any mention.  Also if there was a minimum that the cab was worth then the auction should have had a minimum start price.  The auction just stated highest bid wins.  I don't need the cab or want it at this point it was just the way this was handled that was wrong. :shocked:

I have not been handling the auctions. 
Though I can agree that it would have been better to have posted a minimum start price to the cab.  Then if the cab didn't hit the required price just close down the auction with a message and leave the thread in place so others can see that it didn't just disappear.
-Amanda
http://www.artfire.com/ext/shop/studio/EnchantedRegalia
http://www.pinterest.com/amandabielski/
https://www.facebook.com/enchantedregalia/

Coincidence is G-d's way of staying anonymous.  -Rabbi David Abrahams

Sometimes when we are generous in small, barely detectable ways, it can change someone else's life forever. - Comedian Margaret Cho.

A man wearing a helmet defending his country should make more money than a man with a helmet defending a football!!!  (From an email message I received - so true!)

PhilNM

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2017, 10:44:52 PM »

I hear you. falls under the no good deed goes unpunished clause I guess. My memory isn't what it used to be.

edgarscale

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2017, 07:01:25 AM »

phil, i thank you for what you have done and contributed and sold in the past.  i am rather a newbie here but i'm grateful and i know everyone else is here too.  sht happens and let's move on.  no disrespect meant to anyone......how is your health? how is your big sale going? 
50% rockhound and 50% wire wrap
       ='s one great pendant

PhilNM

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2017, 10:45:46 AM »

phil, i thank you for what you have done and contributed and sold in the past.  i am rather a newbie here but i'm grateful and i know everyone else is here too.  sht happens and let's move on.  no disrespect meant to anyone......how is your health? how is your big sale going? 

Not going anywhere. I decided I need to window each lot to show color and etc, then probably sell one at a time on ebay in order to get true value for them. Have one sort of offer for the lot, but still, I need to window and etc to show what the high grade material really looks like.... here's a couple...

edgarscale

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2017, 05:17:32 PM »

really nice, love the deep black matrix
50% rockhound and 50% wire wrap
       ='s one great pendant

PhilNM

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2017, 11:16:29 AM »

Thanks.
Those are called Smoky Bisbee Blue from the Lavendar pit.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 42 queries.