Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theft !!  (Read 1084 times)

MonVictorian

• Natures Handprints
  • Minerals & Gemstones Mother Natures Handprints
Theft !!
« on: September 15, 2017, 02:39:04 PM »

I wasn't sure where to put this bulletin ?

Gina Palculich September 11, 2017 01:24AM
Five significant tourmaline specimens along with other minerals and gems were stolen from Fallbrook Gem and Mineral Museum on 10 Sept. 2017. Two of the specimens (see attached photos) were shown in The Mineralogical Record Supplement, July-August, 2017 volume 48, number 4 (page 8).
Please contact San Diego County Sheriff Dept at 760-451-3100 regarding information about suspicious items or possible leads.. If you happen to see them being sold anywhere or have any information please contact the San Diego County Sheriff Dept. We appreciate your aid in spreading the word.
The two tall Cryogenie tourmaline specimens are approximately 22 cm high.
The 3rd (elbaite) is 17 cm tall.
The museum can be reached at 760-728-1130 (closed Sunday-Wednesday); assistant curator Gina Palculich 760-802-6773 is the point of contact for theft and reward information. Museum address: 123 W. Alvarado St., Fallbrook, CA 92028 website fgms.org

"In order to be effective, the truth must penetrate, like an arrow, and that is likely to hurt."
"Everything on the earth has a purpose, every disease an herb to cure it, and every person a mission.
Animals, like all living things, are conscious beings. Everything is consciousness; everything vibrates and emits a frequency.

Enchantra

• Head Bead Nut
  • Administrator
  • Insane Bead Woman
    • Enchanted Regalia
Re: Theft !!
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 05:42:10 PM »

This is as good of a place as any to post this.
I hate thieves!

The sad thing here is not only did they rob a museum, those pieces have probably already been sold off to someone who has no idea they are stolen,  or cut up into smaller pieces for sale as tourmaline slices.  Makes me sick.   :sad4:

MonVictorian

• Natures Handprints
  • Minerals & Gemstones Mother Natures Handprints
Re: Theft !!
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 10:01:13 PM »

Thank you for the approval.

I was thinking along the same lines .... during my search in ebay.... [cut up into smaller pieces for sale as tourmaline slices] they would be larger slices I imagine.... *hurts to think about it*

"In order to be effective, the truth must penetrate, like an arrow, and that is likely to hurt."
"Everything on the earth has a purpose, every disease an herb to cure it, and every person a mission.
Animals, like all living things, are conscious beings. Everything is consciousness; everything vibrates and emits a frequency.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 29 queries.