Applying to join this forum, you HAVE to activate your membership in YOUR email in the notice you recieve after completing application process. No activation on your part, no membership.

Lapidaryforum.net

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome new members & old from the Lapidary/Gemstone Community Forum. Please join up. You will be approved after spam check & you must manually activate your acct with the link in your email

Congratulations to Bobby1 and his Brazilian Agate Cab!

www.lapidaryforum.net

Another cabochon contest coming soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blue Forest Log from my eclipse adventure  (Read 1465 times)

irockhound

• RockhoundingUSA
Blue Forest Log from my eclipse adventure
« on: September 19, 2017, 02:46:08 PM »

I went to several collecting areas on the eclipse trip and did great in each.  This Blue Forest log is one of the best I have seen and was a real thrill to pull out.  I had a video running while I was digging and will have to post that to Youtube soon.  The spot this log came out of was about 20 feet from where my buddy and I dug out 4 logs in 2008 and hadn't been back there since.  The first night when we got there after setting up camp we had about an hour to dig and I hit an all blue short log section that had 2 wood cores in the center but was mostly 1/2" wall Agate and after the short section I am posting here it went into a 1/2" wall agate tube but that shattered as I pulled it out with my hands so it was doomed to break under best conditions.  The Golden Brown crust you see on the side log pic is the Calcite that also forms on the logs.

1st 4 pics are the log from the 1st full day

next 3 pics are the Blue Agate logs with the wood cores that was found the 1st night and was right next to the big log

last are 3 pics of another Blue I pulled out with some nice wood cores.  Should cut some nice stones.

As I was digging the holes I save any of the agate walls that were coming out with the debris.  You never know what you can re-assemble for display right?

socalagatehound

Re: Blue Forest Log from my eclipse adventure
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 03:48:29 PM »

NICE! You did do good!  :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Craig

Steve Ramsdell

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 06:22:02 PM »

This is going to keep you busy for a while.
Steve

Kaljaia

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2017, 10:33:21 PM »

Wow, really amazing stuff!
- Erika

I rock hunt in the Antelope/Ashwood area of the John Day river basin in Oregon.

AgateMan713

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2017, 01:59:57 PM »

Woww those are awesome wish i could find stuff like that around my area but wouldnt know where to look.

HOOKEDONROCKS

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2017, 06:21:03 PM »

That is a beauty! good job!

MonVictorian

• Natures Handprints
  • Minerals & Gemstones Mother Natures Handprints
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2017, 12:54:06 AM »

That is about as raw as it gets. What an incredible hand-print of Mother Nature. Some parts look a little jelly like...
and to have the best of both worlds... all wrapped into one is even more amazing. Nature of a tree and stone with such color. Knowing you, you'll probably just tuck it in a tub and sit on it, looking at it's beauty now and then...... forever. 

Still amazed that you came across that like you did, from that in-between time span.... it was meant for your collection.

Thanks for sharing some exquisite pic's.
"In order to be effective, the truth must penetrate, like an arrow, and that is likely to hurt."
"Everything on the earth has a purpose, every disease an herb to cure it, and every person a mission.
Animals, like all living things, are conscious beings. Everything is consciousness; everything vibrates and emits a frequency.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 36 queries.